Zac Taylor defends Bill Callahan

Zac Taylor sent an email to Brian Rosenthal (a sports writer at the Lincoln Journal-Star) this past Friday concerning the Bill Callahan situation. I just read this email here, and it has a message that is quite the opposite of how most of the media and fans are feeling right now. In this email, he tells of all the hard work that the coaches and players put in to each game, and how everyone should give Callahan another chance. It's a really great read, you should check it out.

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great read, but...

I hate to say it but the coaching carousel has come to Nebraska. We've always scoffed at the teams that would bring in a new coach or new system in "Other Schools" and been proud of our tradition of keeping the coaching staff intact. Now, we are at a point in our program that could be the bottom of the barrel in our division. Now we are calling for the staff's heads and our jealousy of teams that are currently on a roll is really taking over.

Never in the history of our beloved Husker Football program, at least not in my almost 40 year fandom, has there been this kind of unrest in Husker nation. I've never been a fan of the revolving door approach to coaching, because it doesn't accomplish a damn thing. Offenses grow and mature and need time to develop. I said in my discussion that we were told 4-5 years and we would be contending for a Title, so far that is SO beyond this staffs capability it isn't even funny anymore. Defenses are a product of leadership. Ours has none, hence the poor play on the field. I really hope that this weekend wasn't a fluke, because they really looked and played well.

I for one have not been adamant about getting Callahans job, but the Cos has to go. How about bringing back Bo to run the D for a while. At least at that point we'll have a person in place who can take over the team if needed. Keep Shawn Watson to run this offense, since he seems to run it better than Bill anyway. We might have some success pretty quickly with some young blood driving the team.
This reply was deleted.