We all remember one of the greats of Nebraska football, Jason Peter. Some of you might listen to his daily radio show on Lincoln's ESPN 1480 "The Spread". If you haven't seen him on TV (or any pictures of him) you may be in for a surprise. It looks like he weighs about half of what he used to!

Jason is coming out with a new book: Jason-Peter-Book (Click to read a summary of the book.) In this "tell-all" book, he talks about his personal decline after not being able to play football for a living. Here is an article from the Omaha WH with some Q and A with Mr. Peter. As a husker fan, I never knew that ole #97 used to down 60 Vicodin and 20 sleeping pills with a bottle of vodka!! (Got that info here.) It is disappointing to see someone that you put up on a pedestal act in ways that you wouldn't imagine. Everyone has their own demons to deal with though, right? I'm glad that this ex-Cornhusker has this part of his life behind him, it's never fun seeing people lose almost everything that they have.... Anybody listen to him on the Spread or have any reactions to Jason's drug & hooker addictions?!

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I heard about the book coming out and saw the piece from it. I will say I was shocked and almost in tears. He was and is a great talent and I am glad he has cleaned up. I just wish it could have happened sooner for him. I read a story a year or two ago where he put his custom made Husker motorcycle up for sale on Ebay to help him get by. Keep clean Jason, we're behind you dude.

-Chris
  • There was a big article on his book and past addictions in SI about a month ago. Pretty crazy that he could build a tolerance to all of the drugs and alcohol. He thought he was invincible. Then you hit a brick wall known as reality, and reality bites.
    I'm glad that he has his stuff together now and wish him nothing but the best.
This reply was deleted.