Huskers Returning to Tradition

I hope all the talk and hype about Nebraska returning to it's football roots isn't just fluff to keep the fans busy in the off season! I just read an article about Carl Pelini and the restoration of of the "old school" values that Nebraska once had.

Nebraska football players used to intimidate (aka - scare the hell out of) opponents. They would be petrified of the scarlet and cream. This hasn't been happening in the past few seasons. Pelini and the gang hope to push the team past their comfort zone, at every practice and every drill. They are expecting maximum effort 100% of the time. That is the only way they see it, and what a great way it is! Spring practice begins tomorrow for the Blackshirts (and Redshirts) tomorrow, and you really can't judge too much until you see the players playing on the field. I'm sure that not too many people would disagree with Pelini never asking more than 100%, but anybody else have any comments on this?

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I saw that article in the Kearney Hub. I think it's great that the staff has that much drive and that the players are buying into the new system so readily. I hope that the players ate their Wheaties, because it sounds like they are going to have to earn the positions they want.

I saw in the Urinal Star the lineup for the Huskers and was a bit concerned at the vacancies at LB. Having newbies in that position could get a bit hairy.
    Thoughts??
This reply was deleted.