Nebraska Football Recruits for 2008

Here's a listing of the new Husker recruits for the 2008 football season: Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown Antonio Bell WR 6-2 177 Daytona Beach, Fla. Will Compton ATH 6-2 214 Bonne Terre, Mo. Ben Cotton TE 6-6 217 Ames, Iowa Alfonzo Dennard DB 5-10 185 Rochelle, Ga. Sean Fisher LB 6-5 210 Omaha David Grant OL 6-6 278 Killeen, Texas Ricky Henry OL 6-4 300 Omaha *-Tyson Hetzer TE 6-7 265 Glendora, Calif. Micah Kreikemeier LB 6-4 215 West Point John Levorson ATH 6-4 185 Crete Cameron Meredith DE 6-4 222 Santa Ana, Calif. Collins Okafor RB 6-1 210 Omaha Courtney Osborne ATH 6-2 170 Garland, Texas Steven Osborne WR 6-4 182 Garland, Texas Kyler Reed ATH 6-3 204 Overland Park, Kan. Kody Spano QB 6-2 202 Stephenville, Texas Baker Steinkuhler OL 6-6 290 Lincoln Brandon Thompson OL 6-6 280 The Woodlands, Texas Quentin Toailoa DT 6-5 275 Redlands, Calif. Lester Ward RB 6-3 186 Brenham, Texas Alonzo Whaley LB 6-0 213 Madisonville, Texas David Whitmore DB 6-2 190 Port Arthur, Texas Josh Williams DE 6-4 220 Denton, Texas Khiry Cooper WR 6-2 175 Shreveport, La. P.J. Smith S 6-3 205 River Ridge, La. Source: Rivals.com *-Signed letter of intent The only five star recruit the Big Red has is Baker Steinkuhler from Lincoln Southwest HS. To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) a five star recruit means that this player is very likely to have a strong college football career and be drafted in the first round of the draft. A four star recruit is talented enough to start at the college level as a freshman and contribute a decent amount to the team. A three star recruit is good enough to have good playing time in most of the games. If somebody knows the "official" definition of the star rating system feel free to educate me! All in all, the star rating system is meaningless. The only was we'll know if these players are good is when we watch them on the field in the fall of '08. RIght?!

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think that the class is pretty solid. We got kids to fill holes throughout the team, so many could be starting right away. We are kind of deep at RB and QB, which is a good kind of problem if you can keep them all interested in the program.

Really excited to see the Osborne twins on the field. I've read their Bio's and like what they've done.
  • Oh, yeah - I forgot to ask...... What does everybody else think of this recruiting class? Good news for next season or bad news?

My opinion is it doesn't matter how highly ranked these players are - with the correct coaching and program, this class can be just as good or better than the top "ranked" recruiting class.
This reply was deleted.