A San Diego entrepreneur, Marcus Katz, has plans on calling Tom Osborne to see if Lincoln (and the University) would rent out Memorial Stadium on Saturdays this spring and summer. The AAFL has it's inaugural season this year, and is starting off with six teams. The teams will feature alumni from area colleges. Players of note: former Huskers, Eric Crouch, Willie Amos, and Josh Sewell. Crouch and Amos will be on "Team Texas" located in Houston. Do you think people would shell out $25 bucks (their proposed average ticket price) to see ex college stars play?

Would enough people attend these AAFL games to make it worthwhile for UNL? Note: The Universitiy of Tennessee apparently received $3 million to have their stadium rented out for the spring and summer.... Anybody think this league can survive, or will it fail like the XFL and the USFL? Let your opinion be heard - maybe us Lincolnites will be enjoying some AAFL pigskin in the spring of 2009! Link to the Journal Star story here.

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it would be great for the game. Maybe, if successful, give our state a chance at a Pro Franchise down the road. I would make the trip to see a game if it were in Lincoln and at $25 the prices are reasonable enough to take the kids to a game and not break the bank.
This reply was deleted.