Can Husker football be fixed?

Wow, so the Huskers got throttled by Kansas - the worst defeat ever in Husker history. 76 points, WOW. My question is - is Osborne capable of bringing this football team out of this abyss? With our fifth loss in a row, the support of the fans has dwindled to very little. It appears that Callahan doesn't even care now. He is seriously digging this program into a hole so deep, that it may take years, even decades to get out of. The recruits who have committed to this program have to be questioning their decision right now. As far as recruiting any more quality footballers - who would want to come here? With this poor recruiting status, what coach would want to come here? Does Osborne have the resources/ability to get this program back on it's feet? I recognize that he is an amazing man with unquestionable character and morals. Is this enough to convince the best coaches, administrators, and players to come here?

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We are in a slump that may not be recoverable. Definitely not by the current staff, and any new staff will have a huge hole to dig out of. Offensively we don't look all that bad. Ganz showed that he has the ability to do the job with his arm and legs.
    I want to believe that things can be fixed in the next season or two, but not overly optomistic.

Any idea on what is going on with Ruud??
  • This reply was deleted.
    • The problem is the WCO takes too much time to master. Even in the NFL the quarterbacks need years to make it click, more years than a college kid has. It is just too much to ask of a kid to come in and learn a playbook the size of a phonebook along with everything else a college kid needs to learn. The beauty of it is that it gives so many passing options but I just do not think it is well suited for college football.
This reply was deleted.