Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

We may have won the game, but I didn't see much worth being excited about.  That was undisciplined and sloppy.  

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I respectfully disagree,  we  beat a 6-1 team on their own turf.     A good 6-1 team too.   

They weren't that good today.  But mostly I'm talking about how terrible we looked.  Mistake after mistake.  Undisciplined, lacking in fundamentals at times, and nearly costing ourselves the game, again.  

This was just as much of a home game for Nebraska as it was for Northwestern (see pics).  I did see one positive sign.  The defense played well against a pretty decent offense (minus the meltdown on that long run).  Martinez deserves a gameball too.  He threw some lasers on those last two drives....another encouraging sign.  I still think he gets too much blame when other things outside of his control breakdown. 

Does anyone know what goes on during special teams practice....if anything?  A big fat F and then some for that group.  Two turnovers and one that lead to an easy TD for Northwestern.  The boneheaded personal foul penalty took away a golden opportunity.  It was funny to see every Nebraska fan get up and cheer for every punt that was successfully caught, lol.

There were at least two occasions during this game where I thought this was the beginning of Bo Pelini's farewell tour, but his team bailed him out.  Hopefully this is the beginning of his comeback tour....hopefully.

Forget about any of this looking pretty from here on out.  This is the Ugly Big Ten and our new second season.  1-0 with 5 more to go.  Somebody is going to be dragged across the finish line in December kicking and screaming.  Hopefully it's Nebraska...

There supposed to practice special teams?  I thought they practiced it enough in highschool and don't need to work on it anymore. 

Makes me nervous for the future. Special teams are supposed to be some of the up and coming players, back ups, next generation. We do have lot's of new coaching staff, they stink. Wonder what the team would look like if Bill Snyder was coaching them. In two years he taken an unranked team and now has them in National Championship contention. We have fallen out of the ranking at year 5.

Huskers won- mark it down and count it

the D looked pretty good too so I'm excited for saturday 

Think how good this team would be if they played mistake free (It's scary). If we could play the rest of the season with even half the turnovers and penalties we had in the first half of the season we could easily win the Big 10 Title. Do I think it will happen, probably not, but it's not impossible.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service