Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/09/19/Oklahoma....

Also heard that Colorado and three other Pac 12 schools will vote to deny Texas admittance into the conference...

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am pretty sure that the big 12 will not last more than five years and my hopes are that the big 10 doesn't just sit around and stay at 12 teams.  I understand thinking quality is better than quantity but if all the other schools are jumping to 14 or 16 teams I think if the big 10 doesn't join the fun then they will be seen as a weaker conference.  Now that the Pac 12 says it wont expand and "supposedly" the SEC is going to take Mizzou why doesn't the Big 10 go for Oklahoma and god for bid Texas.  I understand Texas is a money whore but if just think of the money that would bring to the big 10 and then just maybe with competition like that then the big 10 would be considered as good as the SEC.  And then heck why not go to 16 teams by adding Texas Tech and Okie St. With the ACC adding teams I think the big 10 needs to move while they still can.

I would love to hear what you guys think. GBR

Texas Money to Big 10? Not gonna happen. If Texas goes anywhere it will be because of money for Texas. If we invite them they would want more than everyone else. Tom Osborne has a say on who comes or not and he sure as heck aint gonna pick the horns. I would take Notre dame west virginia virginia tech and pitt or syracuse.
I would love to take Notre dame or West Virginia but as or V tech or pitt or syracuse they are already going to the ACC so we aren't going to be able to get them.  I just think if the big 10 sits and does nothing then we are going to miss out on any good teams that can bring money to the conference.
Texas should just go or be forced to be independent....after all, they were the  one's who started the Big12 fiasco.  Now everyone wants to leave.  Suddenly they want to belong again.  They will destroy any conference they join because they want it their way or no way.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service