Prediction Thread!!! Huskies vs Huskers

Well, another round 2 vs Northern Illinois....only this one is from 2017. Pretty memorable as the Prophet believes this was the undoing game for both Mike Riley and Shawn Eichorst. If you can't beat a MAC team at home in year 3 of your path must be going nowhere. Rod Carey is the former head coach (now at Temple) and Thomas Hammock coaches them in his first year. 

The spread opened in the 14 range and has remained there. Bowers is the QB and he transferred to NIL from Cal. Versus IL St and Utah....he's completing 65% of his passes, 528yds with 3 TDa and 2 INTs. Doesn't appear to be a running threat with 12 carries for -15 yards. So perhaps he and Adrian are close there? ;).

Boy, this is about as close as an early "must win" as we've had to realistically feel like we'll be bowl eligible. Of course it doesn't affect our B1G standings....but how confident is this team heading to Champagne at 1-2? And how excited would the Illini be to make us 1-3 to effectively feel like an end to the season hopes in September?

Gosh, that sounds pretty doom and gloom-ish. But this team hasn't shown me much except for 2 decent quarters of play vs CU. Mo Washington is fun to watch. However AMart looks indecisive and slower. Mills seems to seek contact as opposed as looking for cutback holes. Is there only 2 reliable WRs? Do we really know what this defense is going to be?

I'll pick NU. They may barely cover late. Perhaps this one is the breakout game? But I don't see the Husk-ies going away in this one. And obviously the Huskers struggle to "finish" teams off.

Huskies  23

Huskers 34

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• at some point the Offense has to play to it's potential

I predict that day is today

Huskies 17

Huskers 56

• 3556268005?profile=RESIZE_710x

Welp,

Lets enjoy the fall weather and Husker Football !

N. ILLINOIS,  is the team that put the nail in the coffin for Mike Riley. 

Huskers return the favor and Restore the Order. The Blackshirts have their most dominating day on Defense in 15 years.

2 AM shucks off the added weight. 

Huskers roll!

Huskers 52

Directional Illinois 7!

Go Big Red!

• The Huskers get it going like they are capable of

Huskers 49

Huskies 17

• Big Red  31

Puppies   17

• NU 42

Huskies 27

All touchdowns, Armstrong pushes the extra points in for a beat up kicking crew

• Scotty says enough of this opens up the O.. AM passes for over 375 yds, MO runs and catches passes for 175 yds,  WanDale scores first TD, .. the D comes out inspired for most of the game..Noa catches first pass of the yr ... JD is JD...

Red faced Huskers- 42

Commuter school- 20 

This reply was deleted.