Huskers vs. Whisky Prediction Thread!

The Trashman has taken a well deserved leave of absence this week.  Rumors are he is in Las Vegas gambling, getting married, taking in all of the 99 cent breakfasts,  or simply running from the law...or possibly a combination of any of the aforementioned.  So I am posting this week's prediction thread until he comes back next week, with or without both kidneys.

The home field advantage is being ignored by the sports betting pros who have Whisky opening as a 2 touchdown favorite this week who are partaking of Memorial Stadium's 374th consecutive sellout streak.  Can the Huskers pull out an upset?  The trashman sez possibly so...albeit only by a slim 13% chance.  So in other words...there is a 87 % chance the Big Red will lose this game.  How can that be?  Oh the drudgery of it all....

Robo sez he will keep the paper bag over his head this week with an early prediction of Whisky 56, NU 13.

Sadly, Robo may be on track with his forecast of a Husker loss.

I tend to agree...although I think we will beat the spread.   Just like Charlie Brown....it may be time to shout out the old tired and worn battle cry,  'JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

My prediction:       

Dear Old Nebraska U      -     21

Stinking Ground Rodents  -     31

*Cmon you brave prognosticators!  Post your predictions!  Who will win the coveted Imaginary Traveling Trophy for the week?

Go Big Red!

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Some how I dread this game.. reminds me of games at the end of Riley regime ... we come into Memorial wounded, is WanDale able to play, AM isnt 100%, JD ?, DD on D, and on and on, .. well Evansville beat the #1 mens BB team this week,   4% chance to win for them.

Pesky Badgers.. just too much  42

on to the next game NU- 10 

• It's time for Nebraska's annual how the hell did they win it game. In a game that shocks all the college football Nebraska actually shows up to play 4 quarters and wins by a cat's whisker 38 to 36

• Wisconsin makes it look to easy.

as they cruse huskers.  

Wiscy 38

Husked 12

• Sorry! I’ve been detained! And losing while at it. 

However....I did bet a whopping $30 on Nebrasketball. And who woulda thunk it? They covered easily! Yay Fred!

Unfortunately I do not feel confident in NU vs WI. AT ALL. Currently the line sits at WI by 14.5. I suppose we could score late to keep this looking sorta close? But gosh, this just feels like another 2 weeks to find reasons why it will be a different outcome. I know the coaches are trying every motivational tactic available. Are there any buttons left to push? The prophet says “outlook not so good”.

WI 38

NU 20

• Congratulations to the Trashman for the closest prediction.  He nearly nailed it with his 38-20 prediction, when the actual score was 37-21.  Nice job, Trashman!  He wins the coveted imaginary traveling trophy for the week. 

This reply was deleted.