Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I am going to leave the past in the past and not try and dwell in the debacle that was last weeks Season Opener against BYU. Nothing I can write here is going to change the outcome and it is to early in the Season to jump to conclusions or run up the white flag on the season.

This week the boys in Scarlet and Cream welcome the Jaguars of South Alabama to the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium. The Huskers have a sour taste in their mouth and a yearning to prove that last week was a fluke and that this team has the talent and the skills to get the job done in Riley's first year at the helm.

Offense: Touchdown Tommy Jr did not disappoint in his first outing of the season and looked much improved in the passing game than he did a year ago. This kid is a competetor of the highest degree and anyone who wants to argue that can watch the film of this monster leaping over defenders to pick up a few extra yards or throwing devestating blocks to open lanes for his receivers. With the return of Louisianna Smooth Cethan Carter I see the completion percentage moving up as Carter will see a lot of looks on short yardage plays. Westerhands will continue to run perfect routes putting himself in position for another 100 yard game. The running game struggled last week, as it always seems to when there is a committee, and not the go to guy getting an opportunity to get in rhythm. Hopefully we will see less rotation and the one guy (Newby, Cross, Wilbon...I don't care which) stepping up to take his place among the great RB of Huskers past. Riley will get a TD and Zo Moore will embarass an overmatched corner for a long score.

Defense: This is the area I was most surprised with last week. I was certain that Collins and Big V would be in the backfield with ease, but unfortunatly this was not happening the way I thought it would. This week the big boys up front are going to have to get it done in a big way. With the loss of Iron Jack at the end spot I look forward to seeing what Freedom can do stepping into the starting role. This kid is an athlete of the highest degree and will be an all Big 10 end before his career is over (that's right I said it). Rose-Ivey will help to plug up lanes and in coverage and Freshman Phenom Manchild Young III will be cracking skulls. Kalu and Rose will split time at the corner opposite Davie and will hopefully do a better job of locking down the receivers. Gerry will have another great showing on his way to a 10 plus tackle game and the Williams duo will get the job done in the other safety spot.

Huskers - 45

Jaguars - 17 

Fearless Predictions: Kalu will come off of a corner blitz and hit Brandon Bridge so hard he tries to take the next snap from the right tackle. Mikale will use his superior shake and pass catching to record 2 scores and take over the starting job from Newby. Andy Janovich will finally get a carry on the goal line and will carry a slew of defenders into the endzone for his first career TD (he will also trest the fans to a bull riding celebration dance).

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol. Carter suspended another week. But next week will be his chance! What makes you think he will be so explosive?

This is killing me!!!! Riley's Offense is designed to feature pass plays to the tight end. Carter is not a great blocker, but the kids is super athletic, had good hands, and can help move the chains or outmatch smaller defenders at the goal line. I have been dying to see this kid get some more looks since he got to NU and it looks like I'll have to wait at least another week. Whatever he is doin to get suspended he better knock that $H!T off.

Well, I think we should be ok vs South Alabama. They aren't a slouch McNeese St or Western IL..but no reason we shouldn't be in control most of the game.

NU 41 S. Bama 17

we should be able to pound the rock against So Bama but I think we could  toss it 40+ times and also be ok

Huskers 35

Jags 24

Is it just me or is the passion for Husker Football fading some?  No friday afternoon posts to speak of, no long winded rants about the greatness of Husker Football.  I reckon a couple of decades of above average performance will do that to a fan base.

Ah, well, here's hoping for a return of the Power I on 3rd-and-1 situations.  Probably only in my dreams.....

NU - 44

Southern Gumpsters - 24

Hopefully no drama, no injuries, and no Hail Mary's.

County step up. Post some Friday afternoon rants about the Husker of Ole, the Great Huskers.

Husker 35

Bama whoever 17.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service