Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Well I have finally come out of Hibernation and after a long slumber I, like all of you, am ready for some Cornhusker Football. I have read the articles, watched a steady stream of BTN, and listened to the Pod Casts and feel like people are a little down on our boys this year. I have seen predictions of the mighty Bugeaters having a 7-5 record and finishing as low as 4th in the Big 10 West. To all of those haters I say "Get Bent"!!! I know this is a bit of a rebuilding year, but Mike Riley and his staff have rebuilt with some seriously talented young soldiers and I think this team could be a huge sleeper. There is just too much talent on this team to ignore.

Offense: The Tanner "First Round" Lee hype train continues to roll strong and it's time for this kid to step up, take charge and show the nation that it isn't all hype. With a rocket arm, high football IQ, and the respect of his teammates (Oh Captain My Captain) this kid is tailor made to run Mike Riley's offense. To help him out we have a stout and experienced Offensive Line to keep him protected while he pickes the poor Red Wolves apart. The O-Line has taken some gut punches after a rough finish to last season, but you have to remember that most of those guys were dealing with some tough injuries or just coming back from injury and playing against some really solid teams. The Red Wolves bring in an athletic and talented D-Line led by DE Ja'Von Rolland Jones and Big DT Dee Liner (what a great name). Unfortunatly for them our O-line is healthy, mean, nasty and looking to make a statement. I am stoked to see Boe Wilson (reminds me of Ricky Henry) get some repst at the right guard as I hear he is looking to tear some peoples heads off. I see our TEs getting a lot of looks including at least one TD for Tyler Hoppes. Stanley Morgan and DPE are going to have some big plays and JD Spielman is going to take advantage of some mismatches and have a TD early in the game. The Running Back battle continues, but lets hope of them (Bryant, Ozigbo, or Wibon...I don't care who) gets into a rhythm early and shreds the D for some huge yardage. Ozigbo will have at least one TD on a short yardage play.

Defense: Maybe it's just me, but I love our D-Line this season. With Big Mick in the middle, Carlos (All Conference...it will happen) Davis on one side and my main man Freedom on the other. Khalil Davis switching from left to right and two "Monster" Freshman Damion and Deontre giving Mick a rest. The linebackers are solid and experienced and I am excited to see what Alex Davis can do on the Outside. Our Secondary, even with the loss of Chris Jones, could be the best in the Big 10. Jackson, Lee, Kalu and Williams are beasts and with guys like Reed, Dismuke, and Bootle backing them up WHOOOOO that is deadly. Kalu and Weber will each have a pick and Carlos Davis will record 2 sacks.

CornHuskers - 41

Red Kitties - 17

Fearless Predictions - Tyjon Lindsey gets a shot a kick return and takes one to the house. DPE returns a punt, but gets tripped up at the 5 and Ozigbo runs it in on the next play. Stanley Morgan opens a big hole for Bryant pushing a corner completely off the field into an unsuspecting camera man. Go Big Red!!!!!

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome back Crossroads. Where you been?
Will we see you on Chat?
Bring the kool-aid.

Nish...Work has keeped me traveling and The Big D has keep me insane...HAHAHA. I will

42 NU
13 ASU
Huskers 45
300+ yards in passing. 3 TD passes, Morgan, DPE and Hoppes.
1st TE Fullback draw by McNitt.
Let the Kool-aid roll.
The line is now at 14 1/2.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service