Willie Taggart’s Ducks will wear these on Sept. 9 at home against Nebraska.

Oregon’s got new alternate uniforms. That part is barely news, because Oregon’s always got new alternate uniforms.

But the Ducks have said they’re going to be more measured in their approach to style going forward, so some new gear for college football’s most fashion-focused program (whether you like that part or not) is still something.

The theme is “Stomp Out Cancer.” Oregon says it’s partnering with Portland’s OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital,

The university said [the uniform] was designed and inspired by "the pediatric cancer patients of OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland."

September is childhood cancer awareness month.

The Ducks unveiled the uniforms at OHSU in Portland in front of physicians, nurses, staff and patients.

You can see The Duck, whose name is totally but not totally Puddles, preparing to drop the big web foot down on an entire disease.

Oregon’s themed its uniforms for causes before. Lots of teams have worn pink gear because of breast cancer, while the Ducks took it a step further by auctioning off pink helmets for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund

Willie Taggart’s Ducks will wear these on Sept. 9 at home against Nebraska.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ARTICLE INTERESTING CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON BETTER YET WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 34260149?profile=RESIZE_1024x102434260322?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024This has got someone to comment. I wish I had a dollar every time I heard a Husker diehard Husker fan on their opinions on any Alternate Uniform.

I hate them, said one farmer from O'Neil

I don't understand why we want to be like anyone else, were the Huskers, said another farmer from Columbus

These are the same fans that went to Friday night lights and were boasting how  Mike Riley and company are setting the bar.

For the record the alternate uniform are not for the fans, unless you're buying one, there for the players and recruits.

Oregon was smart. They build a Hell of a program out of no where.

I'm all in on the Alternate Uniforms! If it gets that  4 Star WR for signing on for the Huskers lets bring it on!

• I don't normally disagree with you Nish and you are right  the Oregon Ducks uniform combinations are much flashier than DONU.....fads change over time but a stellar football team with 50 years of success says a lot more to an 18 year old athlete than cute outfits do.

just sayin!

• 34260087?profile=original

Lol,

Thanks for disagreeing with you me. Nice to finally see one express their opinions on here. You do realize the Husker haven't been relevant in over 20 years?

Coach Williams to new recruit......"Ah son I realize that Oregon has great uniforms and Nike is on board ,so you're going to get to wear some of coolest swag. Ask your Oregon recruiter how many National Championships they won?

Potential Recruit "I did Coach Williams but that was twenty years ago. My dad doesn't even remember those games. I'm a 4 Star WR and Oregon throws the ball all over the place. Wasn't those NC teams known for running the ball? I think I will go with the cool uniforms, sir."

GOML

This reply was deleted.