Oct. 29 Michigan State at Nebraska
TBA
Nov. 5 Northwestern at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 12 Nebraska at Penn State TBA
Nov. 19 Nebraska at Michigan TBA
Nov. 26 Iowa at Nebraska TBA
Dec 3, 2011 Big Ten Championship Game TBD
What a first year, thoughts?

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • It has to be tough for long time fans to lose rivalries, but new ones will emerge. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State have long, storied histories and the games will get tons of national attention. Iowa and Wisconsin have good, solid programs. Michigan State and Northwestern can compete with most teams. You're going to enjoy it I'm sure. Tradition Big Ten fans will certainly enjoy having Nebraska aboard.
  • Plus, I have to be honest. I can't stand these WKU and SDSU games. Now Fresno St., Wyoming, and Washington is a non-conference schedule to get a little excited about too.
    • I can live a little bit more with the WKU game than the SDSU (FBS school) game. I'd really like to see the Huskers match up against a West Coast school in Denver at Mile High Stadium to kick off the year.
      • 1 more please for me. Close drive from SC. I will pick all of you up at the airport.
  • I think we have a REAL good chance of winning the division and making it to Indy. I'm a little nervous about doing it with a new QB (depending on what happens tomorrow), but I believe NU will be favored. We might not be able to do it undefeated, but we'll get there. I'm excited!
    • Tomko - Who have we beaten in the past decade?

Who did we beat in 2009 besides the OU MASH unit?

We are 1-14 all time vs. BCS opponents.

I need to harvest some of the weed that you are growing on your farm and take it to my next cookout!

If you'd rather refrain, don't touch the brownies!

Where is homestead? You could be sitting on a small fortune there...LOL!
      • Actually, i think you are discounting the Huskers success of the past two seasons considering the horrible job the "Axis of Evil" Callahan and Pederson did of running the NU ship. Granted OU didn't have Sam Bradford or Jermaine Gresham for last year's game, but that was it of the starters. Nebraska lost 3 games by a total of 4 points last year and with any kind of offense we would have won those. The only legitimate loss was the Texas Tech game, where we fell behind early due to miscues and didn't have the offense to get back into the game. Things have changed, we are on the right track and when Bo and the gang continue to get the "Horses" in needed to run our offensive and defensive schemes our players match up with anyone in the country. The Big Ten has shown to be tough during the season, but always fail during big bowl time. That changes when NU jumps on board. I don't see where the Big Ten teams should scare any of us. All i see is more competitiveness each week more similar to the SEC, but even they have dominate teams.
        • The Big Ten has shown to be tough during the season, but always fail during big bowl time. That changes when NU jumps on board.

DUH...the Big 10 won (2) BCS games last year. PSU beat LSU. Wisconsin beat Miami. Northwestern took Auburn to the limit.

The Big 10's 6th best team, minus more than a dozen players, led Texas Tech midway through the 4th. The Red Raiders beat us by 21 in Lincoln.

The difference is that we are playing Clemson and Arizona; not LSU, Auburn and Miami.

UNL's bowl history is hardly stellar and we are only 1-14 vs. BCS teams since the start of the BCS era.

Let's be realistic here.
    • You may be predicted to win at Wisconsin, but maybe not. They were 9-3 last year and have been one of the top teams in the conference since Alvarez turned them around. Ohio State has been at the top for a decade it seems and Tressel recruits well. My Spartans seem on their way up but slipped back last year. Northwestern may not be the cakewalk you think. They beat both Wisconsin and Iowa last year. Time will tell with Penn State. Their new quarterback will have a season behind him and they recruit well. Paterno should have been put out to pasture before now. Michigan has all kinds of internal issues plus some players walking away. Iowa finished 10-2 and they're predicted to do well this year. If you make it through the gauntlet and you and Ohio State are left standing, beating them a second time would not be easy. It'll be enjoyable to watch unfold.
  • Welcome aboard the Big Ten! You got a tough division cross-over schedule your first two years, with Ohio State and Wisconsin in addition to Penn State as your protected annual cross-over game. It should be interesting!
This reply was deleted.