The latest news about all things Husker, stop back throughout the day to get updates as they become available.  Go Big Red!

What you'll find in today's news:

Tre Bryant has always been ahead of the crowd

Stivrins Leads Red past White, 3-1

Nebraska football: What we learned from Week 3 of fall camp  

Versatile local athlete hearing from Huskers

The Fab Five Fall Camp Roundup: Week Three

Pump up videos and more!

IF YOU FOUND THE ARTICLES INTERESTING CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON   

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 34260071?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Captains, scholarships and redshirts are coming

The Nebraska coaches have had a big weekend of decisions. On Friday, Riley said he and his staff would meet to discuss captains, scholarships and redshirts.

Riley hopes to have an answer on all counts by the middle or end of the upcoming week. When it comes to the open scholarships specifically, Riley plans to be extra mindful. There are eight open scholarships and Riley wants to ensure they go to the right players.

“We’ve met on [scholarships] three or four times and had our lists in front of us, but have not finalized anything,” Riley said.

• 34260128?profile=original

Captains, scholarships and redshirts are coming:

Who do you think should be named Captain(s)?

Lot's of promising Freshmen this year, who will be redshirted and who won't?

Tristan Gebbia?

• 34260125?profile=original

Nebraska football: What we learned from Week 3 of fall camp :

Caleb Lightbourn is more consistent

Under new direction with defensive coordinator Bob Diaco, sophomore punter Caleb Lightbourn is making strides in the consistency department. Lightbourn’s development can be credited to a couple of factors.

First, Lightbourn believes he and Diaco have similar personalities.

“We’re both very straight-forward people,” Lightbourn said. “We don’t really beat around the bush much.”

The other factor is safeties coach Scott Booker. Leading the charge on special teams, Booker has changed how the kickers and punters practice. Having only been required to practice for 20-30 minutes per day with former special teams coach Bruce Read, Booker now expects the kickers and punters to be present at practice from start to finish.

• Caleb Lightbourn is more consistent:

Jeez I would hope so I don't think you can be more inconsistent that Caleb was last season

Yeah I know He was put in a hard spot with the passing of Sam Foltz (RIP, Sam).

Yet most Freshman would give their right nut to play as a Freshman.

Caleb should have gotten better as the season progressed.

Caleb is the owner that went a -2 yards. How does that happen?  

• 34260043?profile=original

Danny Langsdorf wants balance on offense

Offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf wants a balanced offense. While the game plan depends on the opponent, he doesn’t want to see Nebraska get too pass-heavy or run-heavy.

“We always feel we’re at our best when we’re balanced,” Langsdorf said. “If we can be a good balance of run and then the play-actions off of it, that’s when we do our best. If we get too one-dimensional either way, it’s not very good. I just think the balance of it [and] to get a number is tough. It depends on who we’re playing.”

With that said, a running back has yet to take off with the starting job. At this point, it appears Nebraska will start the season with a running back by committee.

• Danny Langsdorf:

Mad scientist, aka Tim Beck or

Genesis?

It's year 3 the offense constructed by Coach Langsdorf.

We have been told this is the year of the Quarter Back.

The year of the balanced offense.

I still haven't forgiving Danny for the Purdue loss

What's you thoughts?

• Low I always hit the like button to show my appreciation.
This reply was deleted.