NU Playcalling

Is it just me, or did something almost great happen this weekend in the A&M game? Things actually went well in the first half with Shawn Watson calling the plays from the sideline, instead of being overridden by Callahan. While this was happening, the running attack was working well enough to allow a few pass completions including a touchdown. Then in the 2nd half, Bill took over the play selection and the running game evaporated, the turnovers took over, and the game got out of hand. I mentioned before that the WCO is set up to run and then pass, I don't think that it is supposed to change at halftime from run to pass. Callahan has got to get used to the idea that he will not be here next year and that Coach Watson most likely will. Watson will be calling plays for whoever they bring in, so if he wants to leave any kind of legacy of his style of offense let Shawn call the plays. Coach Watson has the attention of every player on the offensive side of the ball and they all love the guy. He is a high energy coach and is very intelligent. He knows Husker Football and could eventually be a head coach somewhere. Isn't that what we are looking for in a coach?

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –