I don't even know where to begin.

Well, we went into the Kansas game excited to watch Joe Ganz in his first start as a Husker. He did amazingly well, despite the 4 turnovers. He was actually on pace to put up better numbers than Zac Taylor and Sam Keller. Mo Purify looked outstanding, as did the rest of the recieving corps, but trying to keep pace with a top 10 juggernaut was not in the cards. I was completely satisfied with the offensive playcalling on Saturday. We were able to do things that no other KU opponent had done all season. Hell, we matched their season average per game in the first half. Not bad with a lame duck coach and a first time starting QB. The defense however, was abysmal. I won't even delve into the piss poor effort that was as much of an insult to the program that there ever was. I think that Monday will bring about some coaching changes. I don't think that Coach C will be gone, but I honestly expect the Coz to be out the door. He and Callahan visited for close to an hour after Saturdays debacle, alone. I think/hope that he (Cosgrove) will do the right thing for the program and resign. I think that the time of evaluation is over for the coaching staff. Tom, please end the misery of the team and Husker Nation and give us a bit of hope for the future. I for one am, and will always be as supportive to the team as possible. I will continue going to games during the rebuilding cycle. There has to be change, and it needs to happen NOW. After such a beating, there is no way that this team is ready to perform on any level defensively. ESPN was calling for an immediate coaching change on SPORTSCENTER for crying out loud!! The announcers were laughing at the poor playing of OUR team. I was offended by their comments, but at the same time could see the very reason for their ridicule. I was watching the first quarter of the game before I had to drive to Lincoln, and told some friends that KU was going to put up 70+ on us. Those were the most prophetic words that I have ever spoken. We had no answers, just as the coaching staff has none for what can be done to repair the damage already done to a once proud team.

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –