Dear Fellow Husker fans,
As some of you know I stayed up Saturday for the spring game. I had a bit of luck in that my smart tv has the tunein app on it. Well, an added piece of great luck is that my app has a link to the Husker IMG network. So yes I was able to listen to the game and think things through. Well, the more I thought, the more my thoughts were I have to see this thing somehow, some way. Well, Sunday afternoon came and I found a way. I don't want to rehash the game, but here are my big takeaways from the spring game from my least to most.
10. Husker nation showed up in force in this one. I have to admit that I was a frustrated fan considering things I read about a few season ticket holders buying their 20 tickets and trying to sell the extras for $100s if not more. It kind of left a sore taste in my mouth so bad I was calling those few Michigan St fans. You know, saying "Go Big Green" as in money instead of "Go Big Red". However I softened my stance as the weeks went on and I was ready for Saturday and 88,000+ were with us. Good job.
09. The secondary is scary as in Jekyll and Hyde scary. Good plays sometimes then blown coverage the next. Things need to be cleaned up in the back 7.
08. Even being vanilla, that d-line was getting to the QB. I can't wait to see the blitz packages this fall.
07. There are some big time pass catchers on the team. Even without Stanley and Spielman playing there is not a lack of depth at WR and TE.
06. Greg Bell is legit, enough said.
05. There will still be growing pains. I am not going to make prediction yet, but I think one of those tough road games (if not more) can result in the Huskers quieting the crowd with a big upset.
04. This coaching staff can coach up the talent that is there. The o-line is still a work in progress so patience is key.
03. Scott Frost looked like he wanted to suit Saturday. Notice where he was on the field most of the game. He was standing 15-20 yards behind the line of scrimmage on the offensive side of the ball. He wanted to see what his QBs were seeing.
02. I am undecided who starts at QB Sept 1st. I leave it with this trivia fact: No true freshman QB has started game 1 in Nebraska football history.
Finally 01. The Tunnel Walk was cool even with the change in song. If you only saw it on BTN, go to youtube and watch the full video (it's about 2 1/2 minutes long). The complete video package is cool even with the change in the song.
That's a wrap for the spring game. God bless and Go Big Red.
We are Nebraska