The University of Nebraska and FOX Sports Midwest have announced that Nebraska’s three non-conference home football games will be available on a pay-per-view basis on Big 12 Special Order Sports, the network’s pay-per-view division. The two parties also announced the continuation of the school’s men’s and women’s basketball television package with the network for the 2009-10 season. Nebraska’s home football games against Florida Atlantic (Sept. 5), Arkansas State (Sept. 12) and Louisiana-Lafayette (Sept. 26) will all be available on a pay-per-view basis. FSN will produce the pay-per-view telecasts and the games will be available on participating cable systems in Nebraska as well as nationally on participating satellite and telco systems. Full details regarding the telecasts will be available in the coming weeks. Game times for the three contests have also been set. The season opener against Florida Atlantic will kick off at 6 p.m. under the Memorial Stadium lights. The contest will mark the fourth time in the past six seasons Nebraska has opened the season with a home night game, and the 13th time in program history NU has opened the season under the lights. The following week Nebraska will take on Arkansas State in a 1 p.m. contest. Following a trip to Virginia Tech on Sept. 19, Nebraska returns home on Sept. 26 to face La.-Lafayette in a 6 p.m. contest. The game will be Homecoming on the UNL campus and will also mark the Huskers’ 300th consecutive sellout at Memorial Stadium. The three non-conference home games are being televised on a pay-per-view basis because they were not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. In addition to the three pay-per-view contests, Nebraska previously had three games selected to be telecast on ABC and ESPN. The Virginia Tech contest will be televised on ABC with a 2:30 p.m. CT kickoff from Blacksburg, Va. NU’s Big 12 opener at Missouri will be an 8 p.m. kickoff on ESPN on Thursday, Oct. 8, and the regular-season finale against Colorado will be televised nationally by ABC with a 2:30 p.m. CT kick. Game times and television information for the remainder of the Huskers’ games will be announced six to 12 days in advance of kickoff.

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I remember the days when you didn't have to pay anything to watch the Huskers on TV. I miss those days!
    • At least we don't have to pay for the internet radio broadcast yet!! I can see it coming though. There are a lot of schools doing it.
    • Yea I know! . . . My Family has Season Tickets but I live in Kansas so I dont get to go to the games like I used to. Im just happy that I can at least watch them still! :)
This reply was deleted.