Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Am I the only one who has thought about how close we are to 12-0? We're 10-2 and if we look at the two losses we see that we are very close to undefeated. Texas. It wasn't the officials, but it wasn't Texas either. Dropped passes and over excited players, basically we did everything but put a bow on it when we gave this one away. We beat the better team on the field that day, we beat ourselves.

A&M. 16-2, that was the real score of that game. I can't honestly say I know we'd have won that game in a fair contest, but it sure looks like it would have gone into overtime at the very least.

I'm personally surprised. I didn't expect to be 12-0 at this point, or this close to it. We're a good team, but not a great team. Makes me wonder what is on the horizon.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ive thought about it a lot! It reminds me of last year as well . . . how many of our losses were that close if not closer? I mean with a healthy experienced QB next season I only see things going up. Of course the big 10 schedule does scare me a lil and im glad we have Ohio state at home instead of playing at their place but I think we will have another good year . .. our Great year may be a year or 2 down the road but we are on our way there!
I was thinking the exact same thing. We were a couple flags from two more field goals or touchdowns against the Maggies. And stickem would have helped against the shorthorns along with fewer flags.
If we were staying in the Big 12, I'd think we would own the conference for the next few years. But going to the Big 10, I'm thinking we've got our work cut out for us.

I'll have to look back at my season predictions, but i think a lot of us called a 9-3 and 10-2 season. You know what that makes this bunch? FRIGGEN GENIUSES!!

GBR!
I think I said 10-2, and wasn't sure who the 2 would be. I know I thought Texas was a good possibility, but I thought it would be because Texas was good not because we couldn't catch.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service