Carnes, Brion 11-15-0 173 
Green, Cody 4-10-0 63
Totals 15-25-0 236 2 49 1

Passing C-A-I Yds TD 
Kellogg III, Ron 11-19-0      124 0 23 1
Martinez, Taylor 4-13-1       52 0 23 1
Green, Cody 0-1-0 0 0 0 0
Totals 15-33-1 176 0 23 2

OK, Stats are all I have to go from (that and listening on the radio), but from these stats I would venture a guess that we have some definite issues in the QB position.

1)  I mentioned a couple months ago that I would like to see Carnes in the starting spot.  The stats here show that he can move the ball pretty damn well.  Note the 173 yards and No INT or fumbles.

2)  Cody Green once again reaffirmed my notion that he is in the wrong profession...... unless you can name a profession where dropping things is acceptable.

3)  Even the announcers were disappointed with Martinez' play.  They were trying to sound positive, but couldn't seem to find the correct words to convey how bad Taylor looked.

4)  Kellogg came out of nowhere for me.  Had not heard anything about the kid, but from what i heard and what i've seen of the highlights, he looked good in the pocket, made good decisions, and was able to move the ball well.

Thoughts?

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was there thought we were fast but very "spring ball-ish" cant wait to see the new frosh stud class get it and like bo

said I dont recruit to red shirt I bring them to play........It was fun sind the day before it was a freaking blizzard in Grand Island

• The question is who is going to be the best QB to run the FULL offense by the first game. Based on last season,  Pelini showed he's not afraid to start a red shirt freshman if he's the best guy.  I still think it will be Martinez, but we'll see.

• Also, Carnes 40 yards net rushing was another nice wrinkle!  Neither of the "Returning" QB's had anything like that.
This reply was deleted.