Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Should the Cornhuskers go with black helmets or jerseys?

Read more here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/870187-nebraska-vs-wisconsin-sho...

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No.  They shouldn't.  Our colors are Red and White (Scarlet and Cream).  Black is not a school color.  Yes, the Blackshirts wear Black during practice, but it isn't a school color, if you argue it should be considered one because the Blackshirts wear it consider that the QB's wear green at practice.  So should we wear green for the Wisky game?  

If the concern is that Wisky wears Red, so it will be hard to tell us apart, remember our away jerseys are white.  Come on people.  

No, we shouldnt!! A similar situation happened at Iowa State when the Huskers came to play, and ISU sent out a request that all fans attending the game should wear yellow/gold so it wouldnt look like Memorial Stadium. I agree with the article, Wisconsin should take it upon themselves to request a color change from their fans if they want to.

I think they should.  New Conference, new uniforms.  Might pump the team up, too.  They'll need it against this tough Badger team.  I'm nervous as heck about the matchup but hope NU comes out with a win!
so scrap the school colors?  We have too much tradition to join the ranks of the fad schools.

I don't say "no"...I say "HELL NO".

Throw out tradition?  I think that we are outhinking ourselves here.

Hey...wear red and put a corn cob on your head.  People will figure it out!

Honestly - Is it that big of a deal?  If there was an alternate uniform (black) that looked good (not that crap Oregon keeps throwing out every year).  I wouldn't have a problem with wearing it every few years when we travel to Wisconsin (But only away at Wisconsin).  We are not setup to play them annually, so a trip to Madison is only going to come every 4-6 years anyway.  The Scarlet and Cream will still be there the following week at home vs Ohio St.  As long as the uniforms/helmets don't look like s#it then I'm fine with it. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service