Plus & Minus for 2009

Well, with the 08 season done and over, I just can't wait for the end of August!! Here are a few + and - for 09 as I see it. I hope some of you have your own to add. Minus - Joe Gantz, we all know why Plus - Cody Green, even though he'll most likely end up a redshirt (I hope), he has the talent to push Witt, Lee and Spano to work that much harder. Minus - Slauson and Murtha Plus - We have Hickman, Burkes, M Jones and DJ Jones and K Williams all back along with M Smith we should be solid up front. You can't put enough emphasis on the importance of a seasoned center. Minus - Marlon Lucky Plus - Helu, Castille and Mendoza. Along with these guys comes Lester Ward and Collins Okafor. Fast, 200+ guys. Lots of depth and talent. We'll be really good in this department. Minus - Swift and Peterson Plus - Holt, Paul, Gilleylen and Henry. Add to that Brandon Kinnie, a 6'3" 215 lb guy that runs a 4.37 40, Steven Osborne and Tim Marlowe and I think our receiving core will be just fine. Plus - McNeil at TE. Proved a very valuable tool down the stretch and will only get better. Add Ben Cotton to the mix and things look pretty bright at TE. Minus - Potter, Steinkuhler Plus - SUH!! Nuff Said. We also get Turner back for another year and Pierre Allen. Add Crick, Moore and Baker Steinkuhler to the mix and our D line will be tough. Minus - Wortman Plus - Dillard, Washington, Lawrence, May and Koehler. Add in a speedy, 215 lb Alonzo Whaley and we should be better here. Minus - Murrilo Plus - Asante, Thenarse, Dennard, Amukamara, Culbert, Blue and Sullivan. There is plenty of speed back there, just need to gain the experience. Asante and Thenarse have progressed so much since the begining of last year, I think they will anchor a solid secondary for us. Plus - Alex Henery ++++++++++++++ wouldn't trade him for any kicker in the country! ++++++ Coaching Staff - There is no time needed this year to "Sell" the coaches principles. Look at how far we came this year starting from scratch. The players have worked with this system for a year and at this point they will expand on that knowledge. This will be the year for perfecting what was being taught last year. ++++++ Strength and Conditioning - As much as we improved this year, with the regime the staff will put the players through, we'll be that much further ahead of last years team. Just my thoughts

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is my thoughts, I don't know the team as well as people here, I will concede that so don't be too mad because my opinion can change but here is what I think.
    What I think will improve
    1. Rb play, Marlon I think was good but not a loss, I think with Helu and Quetin returning the rb production will improve.
    2. The whole D,each individual unit Lb's, D-line, and sec. not losing many guys, and this will be there second year under Bo, I expect each unit to improve.
    3. O-line- Three returning starters and I think the young guys will step up.
    What I am worried about and might be very likely we will see a drop in production.
    1. Qb- I know we have good back ups but Joe Ganz to me was really good and matching his production to me won't be easy.
    2. Wr's- The Te coming back I think will be more effective I include the Te in this, but were losing both our starters and to me Todd Peterson and Nate Swift were so valuable that I just can't see the Wr's matching last years production unit. Didn't one of them return kickoffs.
    • I think that our WR's will be very good. Yes, we're going into uncharted territory (a bit), but does anybody remember going into this year that there were alot of grumbling about "We have Gantz back but what are we going to do without Purify and Nunn?" Seems like everybody forgot about those two and how important they were. We have a lot of talent at WR and I know that one or two of those guys will step up and be the next "Purify, Nunn, Swift and Peterson".
This reply was deleted.