Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I'm reporting from Arlington tonight, and the Husker village of a hotel I'm in is very quiet tonight.  The last two days have been filled with "GO BIG RED" chants, and "HUSKER! POWER!" call backs, but not this night.  I must say though, that the OU fans I've run into before and after the game were all class.  "Give um hell in the Big 10," and "we'll miss you guys," were often heard.

As for the game.  It seemed to me that we out numbered the OU fans.  Not by a lot, but it looked like we did.  However, from where I was sitting, they were louder.  Have we forgotten how to cheer?  I'm currently without a voice, but there were several Husker fans arround my section that didn't yell at all when our D was on the field, and some others that were yelling when our offense was.  Maybe we need cheer practice like A&M.

T-Magic... or is it T-Tragic?  I don't blame him for the loss.  Sure he wasn't 100% so his running threat wasn't there.  I know he held onto the ball too long and got sacked taking us out of field goal range... twice.  He tossed a really bad pass into the end zone for a pick, and had a couple fumbles.  This loss was not his fault.  It seemed to me that anyone could see that he wasn't working early on, and most certainly was done after the half.  This loss is on the coaches, and at the end of the day the last call comes from Bo.

I almost wish we were blown out though.  Being this close, and playing so badly makes it worse some how.  OU had a great plan to shut down our Offense, not that we made it hard.  Our D gave up a couple big plays, but they were fantastic overall. 

The refs called a fair game.  Couple bad calls, but on both sides so that evens out, pretty normal game stuff.  Holding on Crick and Baker was bad again, but I'll be honest our O-line was just as guilty.  Can't blame this one anyone but ourselves.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Daemon said......I talked with several OU fans this morning at breakfast, and they all said, "Man, that Watson cost you the game. You had us beat." Not kidding. I pointed out though, that Bo Pelini is the head coach and if coaching is the issue (which it was) it lies with him.

Good Point. I've always thought the Asst coaches and Coordinators coach the players, the head coach is there to manage the game and "coach" the coaches.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service