Need Input: Running onto the field

I notice that the Nebraska football team runs out onto the field with the American Flag, I think it's great!! However, When I notice the University of Texas run out onto the field, they have the American flag AND The Flag of the Republic of Texas. Virginia Tech does the same with their State Flag and the American flag. My point is why doesn't a state proud University of Nebraska do the same? Is it personal choice from the University or am I missing something? 

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tom Osborne lost the governor's race?

• Pride. Have you seen the Nebraska state flag? It's not a source of pride, it's ugly, too busy and looks similar to the Kansas flag. The Nebrasak flag is ranked #71 of 72 U.S. and Canadian flags by the North American Vexillological Association. Georgia resently changed it's flag because of the protests of it being too racist alluding to the Confederacy and thus Slavery. Nebraska should change the look, it doesn't mean get rid of it's pride but update it to be a look of a flag of a statehood not a busy stamp that you can't decifer without it being stretched out and squinting to make out the details. It would be better to carry the big red flag with a big white N on it, which should be the state flag.

This reply was deleted.