Nebraska does not have high expectations this year and that is probably a good thing. The Huskers could surprise people this year, but 2013 is the season the Huskers will finally take the next step forward.

Have you seen the Huskers schedule in 2013. It shapes up well for the team!

Check out my article about why 2013 is The Year The Huskers Return to Glory.

@HuskerMagic

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I actually agree with many of the points in this article.  Recent Nebraska teams have been haunted by high expectations and lack of depth, especially on the lines.  I think last year I saw an offensive lineman subbing in at DT once (ouch!).  This year the expectations from the national sports media are low, which I think is a good thing.

Back to the depth issue, both lines will not be short of options.  The entire DLine comes back from last season, plus younger guys like Todd Peat and Jay Guy will add depth.  Two years ago, the OLine recruiting class was very impressive, and now those players are ready to step up, and will provide a solid OLine for years to come.  The only thing is the DLine needs to improve dramatically from last season, and generate a better pass rush.  The 444 total yards from Fresno State last season was painful to watch and an indicator that Nebraska was going to have an underachieving season.

The fact that our receiving group is currently one of the top units in the Big 10 is surprising but extremely encouraging.  Bell is only a sophomore, and keep an eye on Jordan Westerkamp.  He annihilated receiving records here in Illinois and was the Chicago Tribune  2011 Football Player of the Year.  Abdullah and Heard will be solid heirs to Burkhead.  Things will only get better in Huskerland.

I already got my tickets for the game in Evanston.  Anyone going to be there?

This reply was deleted.