Indiana vs NU Prediction Thread!!!!

Did you know Indy leads this series all time at 9-8? They actually won 7 straight times from 1941-47! Perhaps PT, LCH or Crawford remember those losses! However, they haven’t beat NU since prior to 1975 and we hold a 5 game winning streak at the moment. Can it continue???

So here we at 4-3. A large majority probably thought 5-2, some perhaps 6-1 (if nearly everything went our way) and a few irrational exuberancers had us in the top 10 at 7-0. Instead we have a team that has largely underperformed after what felt like a strong finish to 2018. Injuries, lack of depth, poor adjustments, inadequate game approach with personnel, play-calling have all caused a multitude of issues. So what now?

The Hoosiers have played next to no one. Their 5 wins are Ball St, Eastern Illinois, UConn, MD and Rutgers. Their 2 losses are a drubbing by tOSU and a 9 point loss @MSU. One could probably slate this as their 3rd toughest game thus far. Though I still would still think a “normal” Hoosier team loses to Rutgers or MD. They do have some talent at QB, RB (a BIG RB) and WR. Perhaps just as much as NU which is a tad alarming.

The bye week was needed. Frost’s smart approach with injury status will leave this game as a bit of unknown at kickoff. Obviously the starting QB for each team is banged up. I do think both will start....but can either finish the game?

The forecast is perfect....a bit breezy but likely 60 degrees for the duration. My guess is this is the last “warm” home game NU should expect to enjoy. Might catch a break @Purdue or MD....but perhaps the “chunk play” offense should start its transitional period to more ball control? Based on personnel and incumbent conditions, I hope that’s the case.

Tough call here. Indy opened at -2 which seemed erroneous. But perhaps shows the real and perceived low time of this program. NU is now favored in this game by 2. Is it Husker bettors still getting sucked in? The “they have to win this one to have a shot at a bowl so I’ll take NU” theory? Possibly. Pretty hard for me not to take NU in essentially a pick em’ at home versus Indiana. If they can’t figure out a way to beat the Hoosiers....NU fans best be prepared for 0-1 more wins in 2019.

Indy 19

NU 23

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• the way Illinois has played the last couple weeks I'm starting to think we're not that bad

Indy has more offense stats but also played some cupcakes I think we win at home

Hoosiers 31

Huskers 35

• Because it is at home and Hoosiers have not played in Lincoln.

Huskers 35

Hoosiers 31

• All the nellies's dobbers are in the dirt after the Minny loss.  Gloom and doom for them.  Sky is gray.  Much whining and gnashing of teeth.  Hey, look you handwringers...Minny is actually a pretty good team!  Indy is not.  The fickle naysayers will be able to actually see blue sky after a Husker win.

The School WITH a BIG RED Mascot (Corncob Man, Huskie, Harry, Herbie, Lil Red)        -         28

The School With OUT a Mascot (only a name of WHOO?A-SHUR?)                                     -         21

• This is a tough one to call the only common opponent is a Ohio State University and both teams got boat raced in those games.  I think it comes down to turnovers again and since it's home-field advantage I'll say Nebraska 28 Indiana 26

• With our ?? on O..dont see the Red winning this thing.. unless D provides a great performance..

Dinged up Red- 17

Indy-21

This reply was deleted.