Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Well it all comes down to this. A chilly Friday afternoon in Lincoln, two teams with a lot to play for, a rivalry in the making, and a whole lot of excitement. Can the Huskers spoil Iowa's dream season and a chance at the playoff, will the Huskers make an inprobable run to a bowl game, will this rivalry finally get some teeth. I don't know, but here is my best guess.

Offense: Unfortunatly the weather is going to have a bigger impact on this game than any offensive player on either side of the ball. Cold temperatures and strong winds will make this a battle of running backs which unfortunatly I don't know if the Huskers can win. My one hope is that Imani Cross remains in the backfield using his bruising style of running to pick up 5-6 yards at a time, run the clock, and keep the ball away from the Hawkeyes. Westerkamp could be a threat in the slot on short routes and my main man Louisianna Smooth Cethan Carter could have another big day running and catching the ball. The positives I see is that Touchdown Tommy may need to rely on his legs a little more than his arm which could lead to less mistakes and turnovers. I think whoever has the ball at the end of the game is going to take this one home.

Defense: So far this week the injury reports say that the Defense will be at full strength for the first time this year. Iowa will struggle to run against a healthy D-Line and a Linebacking corp that has shown improvement. If the Huskers can contain Bethard and Iowa's stable of backs this game is in the bag. If they can't it will be a long off season.

Huskers: 27

Hawkeyes: 24

Fearless Predictions: Riley figures out that T. Newby is a marshmallow and allows Cross and Jano to brutalize the Iowa Defense with a power run game. The D-line plays lights out against a well coached Iowa O-line and keeps the Iowa running game from finding it's footing. Both teams score off of turnovers and it comes down to Little Brown kicking a 40+ yarder into the wind as time expires to crush the Hawkeyes dreams and send the Huskers Bowling. 

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this low scoring defensive battle will come down to the kickers and Iowa falls short

Huskers 16

Hawkeyes 14

What the heck!  Let's be crazy!

Huskers fire on all cylinders and Tommy protects the football! 

Big Red with a Bright Future - 31

Iowa Feathered Friends - 17

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service