Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Well the first game is in the books and you will never hear me complain about a W, but there are a lot of questions marks out there that need to get answered. It's too early to call anyone out and I know the team is only going to improve on both sides of the ball so I will see where the season goes before I start losing my S#!T. The mighty Cornhuskers hit the road to take on the Oregon Ducks this weekend in a smoke filled stadium. I am a current resident of Montana and this state is on FIRE so if Oregon is going through anything similar to what we have here these kids are going to be playing in gas masks!!! The Huskers won a hard fought battle last year against the Ducks at home and I see a very similar game coming this weekend...But what the hell do I know? 

Offense: Tanner Lee was as advertised in his first game with the Big Red. Smart decisions, Rocket Arm, and pinpoint accuracy on the long balls. There were a few short passes that floated on him a little, but nobody is perfect. JD Spielman introduced himself to Husker fans in a BIG way and I expext Lee to target him this weekend as the duo looks to pick apart the Quack Attack Defense (Mighty Ducks Reference...I couldnt help it). Tre Bryant took a firm grasp on the RB spot last week and I expect to see him get several carries and eclipse 100 yards yet again (with 2 TD). We didn't get to see much from DPE on the punt return, but again I just have a feeling he is going to break a big on this weekend. Hoppes dropped a TD in the end Zone last week, but he will redeem himself this week with a nice TD grab over an overmatched LB. Stanley Morgan will pull in some long passes and will set the tone for the rest of the receiving group with his stellar blocking.

Defense: The Blackshirts certainly looked a little faded in the opener letting the same 3 plays continue to burn them with no real adjustments being made. Lucky for them I have faith in Diaco and the system he is running and I know they will continue to get better as the season progresses. The Ducks have a good run/throw game with the tandem of Royce Freeman (RB) and Charles Nelson (WR). And I do I have to say that I was impressed with the play of Justin Herbert (QB) who is just a Sophomore. The D-Line and Linebackers are going to have to look at filling the gaps and the secondary is going to need to play much tighter in their coverage if they are going to give the offense a chance to win this game. Carlos Davis should have a big game and am looking for Diaco to open the play book a little wider and get the CAT or DOG linebackers more involved in rushing the passer. Look for Kalu and Jackson to be breaking up passes and hopefully some first game jitters have worked their way out for Eric Lee who seemed to struggle all game.

Cornhuskers: 37

Rubber Ducks: 34

Fearless Predictions: This is going to be a back and forth game with both offenses humming and both Defenses struggling to keep up. Gates and Foster will open a huge hole on the left side for Tre Bryant who will break off a big run (60+) for a TD. DPE will return a punt late in the 3rd for a TD and Drew Brown will kick a 40+ yarder to win the game as time expires. Jackson has an INT and takes it back inside the five before getting tripped up. Hoppes catches a pass on the next play to give the Huskers their first lead of the game.

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welp here we are going up against Da Ducks

One of the most exciting teams the last 10-15 years.

I never predict against the Huskers.

Like that famous Song: It's All About the Kool-aid, the Kool-aid.

The Diaco Boys 42

Da Ducks 28!!

GO BIG RED & GOMY

Sorry, I don't see us having the fire power to hang or the grenades to stop them.

Ducks 42. Husker's 30
36 - 31 Huskers

• Prediction

Oregon 45, Huskers 41

A 14-point spread in the Ducks’ favor seems out of whack. Both teams are implementing new defenses and both appear to be poised for effective offensive years. There are enough big-play threats on each offense — and enough questions on each defense — that a high-scoring afternoon seems likely. I’m all in on a shootout. At the end of the day, I’ll take the home team to put the final points on a well-used scoreboard.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service