Huskers vs BCU Wildcats Prediction Thread!

In 1904 Mary McLeod Bethume founded the Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls in Daytona Beach, Florida.  (Google it...it's true)  In 1923 it merged with Cookman Institute (a school for Blacks which was founded in 1872) to become a co-ed High School.  In 1941 it was then accredited to become a 4 year college and was named Bethume-Cookman University.  Yearly tuition, books, room/board, and fees average $29,172 per year for each of the nearly 4,000 students attending the private co-ed school.

Nebraska is paying the Wildcats $800,000 to play this game and with it's meager $5.5 million football budget, Bethume-Cookman quickly jumped on the chance to play with this lucrative deal.   BCU is 4-4 on the year, and has won 2 Black College National Championships in 2010 and 2013.  

Logic would dictate that the Huskers should easily run away with the game in a crazy lopsided score like 77-6 or 84-3.  But logic would also dictate that Scott Frost is looking ahead to next week's game with Ohio State and will likely substitute early and freely to rest his starters and prevent injuries.  

Vegas oddmakers are refusing to offer any betting lines on this game, so it is anybody's guess on how much the Huskers keep their foot on the gas.  So get your predictions up!

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Only 5 brave Spot fans on the prediction thread this week vs. BCU.  All of us picked NU to win:

Crawford  56-13

Low  60-22

Tom O   48-13

Trashman  55-14

No  59-24

Actual Final Score was :   NU  45,  BCU 9

TomO's pick of 48-13 was closest!  Nice job, Tom!  You get the traveling trophy this week!

• NU 59 and BC 24.  I hope.

By the way, who had the closest pick with Minnesota?

• So a nice win over Minny and all gears are firing and the culture has changed. Do we buy it? Another greatest practice ever too yesterday! In comes Bethune-Cookman after a completely botched potential game-time change for the Akron game. It may be a good thing to trade this win for that likely loss. BC is actually 2-5 against the spread this year. They did not have a spread vs the VA-Lynchburg Pirates but actually did vs FAU! It was 41. Based on this knowledge, Trashman puts the spread for NU at -42.5. Scotty F wants to get as much rest as possible and prepare his team for tOSU ASAP. We build a sizeable early lead and in comes the backup platoons. 

Bethune-Cookman 14

NU 55

• It is amazing how comfortable I am and most of Husker Nation, I assume, are with AM at QB. Just an 18 yr old kid. I think AM will not need to see much of the field in this game. Hopefully many bench warmers see action fairly early in the game, spirits will be high leading to "great practices" next week for fOSU...

NU Red- 48

Daytona U- 13

• NU:  60

BCU: 22

• Huskers run out to an early 35-0 halftime lead before Scott Frost clears the benches and substitutes the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string reserves and even allows the trainers, waterboys AND cheerleaders into the game in the last quarter of play to coast to an easy victory.

Final Score:

University of Nebraska Bug-Eaters  -  56

Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls and Cookman Institute for Blacks Co-Ed School   -  13

This reply was deleted.