Replies

• Can Iowa and Michigan State bounce back? Will the real Northwestern please step forward? Is Wisconsin on track to make waves nationally into December? Answers to these and other questions arrive in Week 5.

Visit the college football PickCenter page for a full rundown on everything to expect nationally. And here's another shot in the dark from our perspective at the Big Ten games on the schedule.

Nebraska at Illinois, 8 p.m ET Friday, FS1

Mitch Sherman: This sounds so strange, but if the Illinois team that showed up to play Western Kentucky in Week 2 returns, Nebraska's in trouble. Yes, that is the state of the Cornhuskers, who had to come from behind to beat Rutgers in Week 4 after a home loss to Northern Illinois. Illinois, after a bye week, likely has prepared a few tricks that may include rotating quarterbacks. A win would energize Illinois coach Lovie Smith's efforts in Year 2. Illinois 31, Nebraska 27

Tom VanHaaren: Had you asked me about this game before the season started, I would have thought it wouldn't be close with Nebraska taking it. Fast forward to now and I'm not sure who's going to win this game. Nebraska has struggled this season and I still don't know what Illinois is, but the Cornhuskers' defense had a good game against Rutgers and might have a little confidence going into this game. So I'm going to pick Nebraska, but if quarterback Tanner Lee starts turning the ball over again, I could see this going the other way. Nebraska 30, Illinois 24

Dan Murphy: The Cornhuskers have the worst passing defense in the Big Ten. One of Illinois' few strengths is at wide receiver. Champaign is due for the type of sloppy, weird, high-scoring game that makes college football so entertaining to watch. Malik Turner and Mike Dudek come up with a couple of touchdowns each as Nebraska hits its nadir. Illinois 44, Nebraska 42
  • No link?
  • Wow hopefully they show up and prove everyone wrong
This reply was deleted.