Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

This guy is a winner.

He's got a national championship and we've got Bo.

Views: 1013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lets be fair, Dr. Tom probably was involved too.  Oh wait he hates Dr. Tom too.

Jason - Don't have an opinion. It was a tough situation to be in. We beat PSU by 3 points and they were in the midst of complete chaos.

Why? Do you think that Bo deserves a medal of honor for acting like a decent person?

Not too hard to be decent when your opponent is literally handing you an easy win in a game that we may have lost in the absence of the chaos.

I have no reason to believe that Bo, or anyone else, really gives a damn about PSU's problems. Each of them has their own house to keep in order.

Glad to see PSU hire a Brown grad to continue the 61 year tradition of hiring a past Brown coach (Rip Engel) or grad (JoePa).

Dr. Tom brought in thugs (not one but MANY) and won national championships with them.

He didn't win any MNCs for 21 seasons (from 1973-93) and I was fine with that. With rare exceptions, our team represented the university and its values both on and off the field. We won the "right way".

Then we won 3 (2 1/2) MNC's in 4 years. 

Do you think that Dr. Tom suddenly became a coaching "genius" in the twilight of his career?

Give me a break...

I most certainly don't see it that way. 

What is far more evident is that he changed his recruiting strategy...and it paid off, sort off.

From your point of view I guess you see those trophies as badges of honor for the football program. From my point of view I see them as the result of TO's desperation to go out a winner and to establish his legacy.

What is his legacy without the "thug" mythical national championships?

We spent 4 years in the early 90s acting like the "EWE". PERIOD. That's not very Nebraskan-like.

We haven't had a sniff of an MNC since. We DID NOT belong in the 2002 Rose Bowl and the results showed.

Our "thugless" teams haven't won a conference championship in football since 1999. At least TO won some conference championships without them while we were losing 7 straight bowl games from 1987 to 1993. We saw what it took to end that streak...DIFFERENT PLAYERS!

What more evidence do you guys need?

It's too bad that youth is wasted on the young. 

PS. 7 straight bowl losses from 1987-93...then "sudden" success? Please.

As the parent of a college player who made many of the same All-State teams as Carlos Polk I can say without hesitation that I would NEVER have wanted my kid to be anywhere near those a**holes in the NU locker room during that time. The behavior of the team off the field was a frickin disaster. It was not just a case of having "one or two bad apples just like everybody else"...the popular, head in the ground excuse for those who are afraid to face the reality of the situation.

TIM TEBOW FOREVER!huskersfunnypictebow

Scott Frost he's not....would Tim Tebow stand there and watch a teammate drag a woman down the steps?

If you respect Brook Berringer and what he stood for you shouldn't be a Tebow "hater".

enhanced buzz 16782 1326405659 11 Playboy Playmates Tebowing their Champion (Photos)

"Dear Father in Heaven...please let Tim Tebow follow the example of your servant Bo....let him exhbit a violent rage that cannot be controlled, often expressed in Tourette's-like cursing accompanied with demonic facial contortions. An angry sense of entitlement that will cause him to treat anyone around him with contempt and physical brutality, including game officials, innocent cameramen or possibly his own team.....in the hope that he miraculously improves his pathetic passing percentage from 35%  in the New England game to 56.3% like Taylor Martinez' had for his season......AMEN"

And Thank you Lord for allowing me to win 2 national championships and the AFC West...while Cousin Evil Bo has won diddly!

PS. I really don't care that I am now the most popular sports personality in the US either.

Our Coach.  Gentle or not? 

pel-i-ni (adj.): A violent rage that cannot be controlled, often expressed in Tourette's-like cursing accompanied with demonic facial contortions. An angry sense of entitlement that will cause you to treat anyone around you with contempt and physical brutality, including game officials, innocent cameramen or possibly your own team. Yo—I said I wanted those eggs over medium, I'm about to go Pelini up in here!!!! @#$%$$%!!!!!!

Kitty Pelini

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Throw the Bones T-shirts supporting the Goodfellows Charity Click here

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service