Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Was Saturdays game against MSU mark the return of the Blackshirt defense for the Huskers?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/917163-has-nebraskas-blackshirts...

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was for at least one week.

You were accurate in your prediction...by saying the defense would have to play the "game of the season" in order to win. I still don't understand how we shut down MSU and let Fresno run all over us, but I'll take it.

And Wisconsin is good, but they do not appear to be much better than MSU or OSU. And then Iowa loses to Minnesota??? What a messed up conference!

No.  It was the return of the murky Michigan State offense away from E. Lansing.
I thought that the defensive line did some simple but effective stunts and everyone did lots of tackling drills because I don't remember any middle school arm tackles. No one got behind the safety and corners always had help. One guy was after the receiver and the other was after the ball it didn't leave much of a chance for a reception. A whole lot better than "where's the ball going?, oh no that's my guy, I better catch him".

I think that a big part of the success of the Defense last weekend was that they are learning BIG football.  We were pretty good against the speed of the Big 12 last year, but nobody really pushed the middle of the D line like we've seen this year.  Guys had to learn new roles and schemes to defend against the BIG offenses.  Our non-conference schedule did nothing to prepare us for the hard hitting that started with Wisconsin.  OSU ran hard and we got lucky.  MSU is one dimensional for the most part with their speed receivers with the run as a diversion.  Michigan will be a completely different cat...  They can run AND pass and that kinda worries me a bit.  I think that we'll get another dose of killer Blackshirts this week and after that we just have to wait and see who shows up more prepared.

Michigan State runs the ball better than Michigan passes the ball.

The issue is whether or not we can contain a mobile QB.

David is the only defensive player still deserving his black shirt

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service