Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

OK, lets all tell a story of our Husker related fun times. Strange, funny, embarrassing... it doesn't matter. I know a lot of us have shared these on our main pages, but there are too many of us to read everyone's page. I'm not talking about favorite plays, or games, but what happened while tailgating, in the stands after the game in the bars etc. I'll start.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll have to try that!
so many to choose from, where to begin.
Kansas game, 1992. First night game ever in Memorial Stadium. Also, my wife's first (and only so far) game viewed in Memorial Stadium. Forecast was for COLD, like teens maybe even single digits. Warmest clothes I have were all ski jackets and overalls. Guess what color they were. that's right, blue. My wife is English. You wear the opposing teams colors into an English Football game, and it is very likely you are going to get stomped. She was absolutely terrified, "what the hell are you doing to me, we are going to get killed.". I was like, look, these folks have watched me grow up, coming to games year after year, and besides we are going to be cheering for the Huskers, don't worry. She remained unconvinced. Luckily, the game was pretty much a blowout win for the Huskers, think the final was 41-15 or something like that. To this day, she still has not forgiven me for not dressing her in the proper colors :)
You couldn't through a red slicker over the coat?! lol
When my friend from Iowa started going to school in Lincoln, she didnt understand what football was all about, let alone HUSKER football. On a bright and sunny fall Saturday she strolled thru the campus wearing her new leather jacket. She didnt understand why everyone was looking at her. She was strolling into buiildings, and going up in elevators, and still people were looking at her. They were nice and polite, but it didnt dawn on her until later that her new outfit was black pants, with a bright yellow jacket, and she wore in on the same day Missouri was there to play! Now she understands Husker football, and she married a guy from Nebraska who is a season ticket holder. She also introduced me to her husband's long time family friend, a Mr. Tom Osborne!! And every once in awhile, they pass off their tickets to me so I can enjoy going to a game too! Is this friendship? I THINK SO!!!

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service