The time is nearing! Only one more week until the Huskers take on our first opponent in 2009, Florida Atlantic University.

How do you think we'll do? Run away with it? Struggle at first, but hit our stride in the 2nd half? I do believe we will pull out the "W" - this first game is important in setting the tempo for the rest of the season. Let's hear it Husker fans - what are your score predictions and what are our keys to the game? My predictioins: NU - 38 FAU - 10

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Huskers 31 Owls 13. pound the rock, Helu and Burkhead run for more then 100 yards each. go pipeline, on both sides of the ball!
  • huskers 49 fau 13 go huskers
  • Atlanic's punting is good they had 4 punts of 50+ against Okie State and one was over 60 yds. If they can live up to the hype of the pro-bound quarter back and its offense, I think they can get lucky on a touchdown, put together a touchdown and get two field goals. The Huskers are wanting to put some wood on someone besides themselves, once our offense gets p.o.ed their defense will think its hotter in Nebraska than in Florida. Cornhuskers will send the Owls home blue as their colors and red from a good spanking. Nebraska 38- F.A. 21
  • I'm thinking the final score will be 35-10. I'm not sure how the rushing attack will go. I think we will see quite a bit of Helu, Mendoza, and probably Burkhead in this game. The 4th quarter if the lead is as high as I think it might be you'll see Okafor and the rest of the guys trade off attempts. I think the wildcard will be is see if C. Green comes in or Washington late in the 3rd early in the 4th quarter.
  • Hey Denver Caldonias<<<< hope I spelled that right on Iliff and Parker road is having a hog roast for HUSKERS FANS This Saturday. I will be there watching the game and eating hog hope to see all of you there GO BIG RED
  • since I have predicted the exact same score....I have no issues
  • 45 - 24 Huskers. The game should not be as close as predicted score because FAU will score meaningless points when victory has already been secured. Go Big Red!!!
  • 31-10. Offense struggles a bit and the defense picks up the slack.
  • Defense scores 14 points on picks
    Offense scores 21 points
    Special Team scores 7
    FAU scores 7 against the #2 defense late in the game

Final 42-7
  • My Prediction:
    NU-42
    FAU-10

NU will start out slow, as always first game for both players and coaching staff. May be close at half. However, defense will dominate...Go Huskers!!!!

Ken
This reply was deleted.