Hey Husker fans it is approximately 2 weeks before the start of practice for the 2017 season.  Let's take this opportunity to discuss who you think will be the most important players to have a successful season.  I would love to hear why you think these players will be essential.   

To kick it off, here are my Five in random order:

Demorney Pierson El (DPE) - He is looked on as the utility player in several facets of the game, I think he raises his play to a new level with a new QB behind center

Big Mick Stoltenberg:  In the new 3-4 scheme he will be asked to do a lot, I think he will be most valuable when Diaco plays a 4 front or adjusted scheme, you will see him eat the middle up so the LB's can make the play

Tre Bryant:  I know it will be running back by committee but Tre needs to set the bar high and strive for a 1000 yard season.  If he does that the Huskers will be in good shape.

Brown:  Yes a kicker!  He is a senior and a leader, his leg will be needed to win the game more than once this year

Kalu:  With the absence of Kris Jones on the field, Kalu's play and leadership will be paramount to the success of the secondary.

Feel free to critique my selections,  we are 46 days from kick off!  Go Big Red!

You need to be a member of Huskerspot3 to add comments!

Join Huskerspot3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • stoltenberg for sure and anyone who can get a pass rush

• I would add Tanner Lee to the list, just not sure who I would replace on your list!  Maybe Stoltenberg, because we have Carlos Davis who is reportedly showing he will be a force to be reckoned with.

This reply was deleted.