Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sat at the 46 yard line 32 rows up for the MSU vs. OSU game on Saturday. My wife is a Spartan.

Here is my take:

1) Braxton Miller is the best offensive player in the Big 10. Kain Colter is the only player who has come close to Miller's level this year.

2) OSU's D-line tandem of Simon and Hankins will be very tough to control. MSU could not do so while playing without their starting RT, LG and center.

3) OSU does have an effective passing attack; particularly the deep ball. If our secondary play does not improve they will cause complications.

4) OSU lost one of their top 2 RBs on Saturday (Jordan Hall). The other (Carlos Hyde) is a power back running behind a good OL.

OSU is not a great team but they are fundamentally sound. We will need to play our best game of the season in order to win.

OSU will have revenge on their minds.

Our problems with mobile QBs are well documented. Miller is one of the best that we have seen in a long time.

Stop Braxton Miller and limit turnovers and we can be the winner.

PS. Just in case there is any doubt, OSU has a much stronger coaching staff.

I think The Huskers Defense will cause Ohio state some problems, The Huskers offense cannot turn the ball over though.The offense has got to put some points on the board early. The Huskers are a great Football team. Its funny how commentators and other people were saying that Huskers Badgers game was a great game to watch. Its because the Huskers play good old fasioned hard nose football, the way football was meant to be played, The Badgers did to. I don't enjoy watching some of these other schools who run these weird offenses or whos quarterback is just trying to run the ball after everybody's gone down field. if a quarterback is going to run, run an option like a challenger, not a cheater. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for another great post Vince and for the unbiased and insightfull opinion Tom

The blackshirts are improving and OSU has good but not great offensive stats uptempo offense by nature puts undue stress on your own defense as well as the opponents so I expect this to be another high scoring affair

the old saying goes "if you try to defend everything you end up defending nothing" so I expect Bo will bring a safety up to spy on Miller in certain situations and blitz in others and make him beat us with his arm (just a guess here)

I completely agree with everyone that the Huskers cant play another sloppy game and expect a win in the 'shoe' and thats what it will come down to

take care of the ball control the clock and put points on the board = Husker victory

play outside our strengths and lose the time of possesion battle = quiet ride home

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on

© 2018   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service