Replies

• Alex Davis likes the added responsibility
    http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Bulked-up-at-a-new-spot-Alex-Dav...
  • Huskers start out at number 5
    http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=21...
  • ir.ashx?p=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&w=800&mw=800

By Tommy Rezac

The average age of Nebraska’s four defensive coaches on July 30, 2015 was 50.

On July 30, 2017, the first day of fall practice in Riley’s third season, the average age of his five defensive assistants; 39.

“I’m not sure how young we are,” defensive coordinator Bob Diaco (44) said on Tuesday. “My hips and knees feel old.”

No matter how old they or their joints feel, there’s been a noticeable increase in youth and energy among Nebraska’s defensive coaches.

“It adds to the energy of our players,” linebackers coach Trent Bray (34) said. “They can feed off us if they’re feeling low. We do a good job of everyone talking to them and communicating with them.”

“There’s always chatter going on, so there’s never really a lull through practice where it’s quiet. I just think that keeps players’ minds into it, and their intensity and focus up.”

While their ages may be lower than some of the assistants that came before them, Diaco has the utmost confidence in his own, and his assistants’ coaching backgrounds.

“(Defensive line) coach (John) Parrella played here,” Diaco said. “Built himself from a walk-on to a scholarship to an all-conference player. Played in the NFL for a dozen years (1993-2004). He’s been around the block a few times.”

“I started coaching in 1996. Last time I checked that was, I think, 21 years ago. We’ve got a lot of experience. Coach Bray played at a high level, coached at a high level, is the son of a dynamic defensive coach. So, we have a lot of experience. We’re very energetic, also.”

Bray was a linebacker for the Hamburg (Germany) Sea Devils of NFL Europa in 2007, before starting his coaching career with the California Redwoods as an assistant in 2009.

Click link below to read entire article)

http://www.klin.com/huskers/2017/08/09/young-defensive-coaches-brin...

• Doesn't matter how old you are if you can coach you can coach
  • Cornhuskers Ranked #22 in preseason Poll:   Pre-Season hype has them competing for the Conference Championship.

• HUSKER VOLLEYBALL

Wagner: Freshman walk-on gets singled out; other observations from the first day of Husker volleyball practice

Nebraska volleyball coach John Cook’s standard reply when asked how the team’s freshmen looked on the first day of practice is that they looked like freshmen, meaning you could tell they haven’t been in the program for a while.

There were those freshmen moments Tuesday, when Nebraska had its first day of practice, especially in the areas of blocking and defense, which is usually the case for freshmen.

But freshman Hayley Densberger was singled out in a good way in front of her teammates just 30 minutes into the first full-team practice. Cook said she had the best serving technique, because she has good rhythm and drives her body into the serve.

“If you watch the big girls, they kind of just shuffle in there and serve it, instead of driving, getting up, and sticking it,” Cook said.

Read entire article at the below link

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/wagner-freshman-wa...

• Nate Burleson: Lions Ameer Abdullah breakout runner for 2017

Ameer Abdullah is set to break out in a big way in 2017 according to Nate Burleson

Click on link to view video:Ameer

• Yoshi finding success in Canada

He is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers massive right tackle, the man who enthusiastically jumps into the end-zone crowd after a touchdown, lifts a teammate over his shoulders after a score, and fuels his squad daily with a passion for the game that is truly unmatched.

He is the man who tells quarterback Matt Nichols he loves him almost every day. He is the happy, smiling, behemoth of a man who is quick to hug and/or offer a firm handshake.

But it’s the Jermarcus Hardrick we don’t know – the hard road he travelled, the mother who gave him everything, the birth father he didn’t know and how he landed here in Winnipeg – that makes him not only one of the most compelling figures in the Blue Bombers locker room, but across the Canadian Football League.

This is Hardrick’s story in his words – a look at the places he’s been and the people in his life – and it offers a glimpse into a man with such a fighting spirit… (read entire article at link below)

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/08/07/long-read-side-jermarcus-har...

• Nebraska football: Players don’t mind getting up early for fall camp   

34260053?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024  

“I think every year has been different [but] you adjust,” senior linebacker Chris Weber said after practice Tuesday. “It gets foggy when you look back [and it’s] my fifth fall camp. I know we’ve had night practices. We’ve had morning practices.

“You show up when they tell you to show up and you put your head down and go to work.”

This year, practice typically begins at 9:15 a.m. Monday through Thursday and at 10:45 a.m. on Saturday.

Junior linebacker Luke Gifford and his teammates get to the stadium around 7:15 a.m. That can create a long day for the athletes, especially when most don’t head home until 9 p.m. With meetings, recovery, meals and more, there’s plenty of things to fill the day.

No one seems to mind. At least not from Gifford’s perspective.

“It’s a long day, but honestly it’s been pretty good so far,” Gifford said. “I think everyone likes practicing in the morning. It helps the days go by faster.”

When practice concludes, players typically get a break. It’s not long, but a couple of hours is enough. When practice ends around 11:30 a.m. on weekdays, players head to lunch and then have part of the afternoon off.

They return to the stadium at 3 p.m.

“We come back up and do some recovery stuff with the strength coaches,” Weber said. “We have a meeting defensively where we go over this practice’s corrections and then we get a break for dinner and we’re back for more meetings.”

Read entire article at link below

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-players-embrace...

This reply was deleted.