Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

16 days until Volleyball gets underway and 24 days until Kickoff.  Check back here throughout the day for the latest Husker news.  Go BIG Red!

IF YOU FOUND THESE ARTICLES INTERESTING PLEASE HIT THE "LIKE" BUTTON

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HUSKER VOLLEYBALL

Wagner: Freshman walk-on gets singled out; other observations from the first day of Husker volleyball practice

Nebraska volleyball coach John Cook’s standard reply when asked how the team’s freshmen looked on the first day of practice is that they looked like freshmen, meaning you could tell they haven’t been in the program for a while.

There were those freshmen moments Tuesday, when Nebraska had its first day of practice, especially in the areas of blocking and defense, which is usually the case for freshmen.

But freshman Hayley Densberger was singled out in a good way in front of her teammates just 30 minutes into the first full-team practice. Cook said she had the best serving technique, because she has good rhythm and drives her body into the serve.

“If you watch the big girls, they kind of just shuffle in there and serve it, instead of driving, getting up, and sticking it,” Cook said.

Read entire article at the below link

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/wagner-freshman-wa...

Cornhuskers Ranked #22 in preseason Poll:   Pre-Season hype has them competing for the Conference Championship.

By Tommy Rezac

The average age of Nebraska’s four defensive coaches on July 30, 2015 was 50.

On July 30, 2017, the first day of fall practice in Riley’s third season, the average age of his five defensive assistants; 39.

“I’m not sure how young we are,” defensive coordinator Bob Diaco (44) said on Tuesday. “My hips and knees feel old.”

No matter how old they or their joints feel, there’s been a noticeable increase in youth and energy among Nebraska’s defensive coaches.

“It adds to the energy of our players,” linebackers coach Trent Bray (34) said. “They can feed off us if they’re feeling low. We do a good job of everyone talking to them and communicating with them.”

“There’s always chatter going on, so there’s never really a lull through practice where it’s quiet. I just think that keeps players’ minds into it, and their intensity and focus up.”

While their ages may be lower than some of the assistants that came before them, Diaco has the utmost confidence in his own, and his assistants’ coaching backgrounds.

“(Defensive line) coach (John) Parrella played here,” Diaco said. “Built himself from a walk-on to a scholarship to an all-conference player. Played in the NFL for a dozen years (1993-2004). He’s been around the block a few times.”

“I started coaching in 1996. Last time I checked that was, I think, 21 years ago. We’ve got a lot of experience. Coach Bray played at a high level, coached at a high level, is the son of a dynamic defensive coach. So, we have a lot of experience. We’re very energetic, also.”

Bray was a linebacker for the Hamburg (Germany) Sea Devils of NFL Europa in 2007, before starting his coaching career with the California Redwoods as an assistant in 2009.

Click link below to read entire article)

http://www.klin.com/huskers/2017/08/09/young-defensive-coaches-brin...

Doesn't matter how old you are if you can coach you can coach

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service