Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Texas Tech vs. Nebraska 2008 Predictions and Thoughts

Let's hear em! What are your score predictions and thoughts on this Saturday's matchup against Texas Tech down in Lubbock. What do we need to do better this game to give us a fighting chance against the Red Raiders?

Here's mine:

Nebraska - 36
Texas Tech - 35

I'm predicting a nail biter:) We're going to have to play MUCH better than we did against Mizzou. I'm hoping Bo and the gang are having productive practices this week and they are getting on the same page (so we don't have so many penalties!). I can't wait for the game!

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's Bo talking about Texas Tech.

Interesting, Rock Solid, he's the man for the job and he'll get it done. Have patience in terms of years Husker Nation.
55-21, Lubbock is the new Boulder at Halloween. Reality has set in. Maybe we can bust out but I'm not overly optimistic at least for today. We need to (recruit) have two very fast (VandenB's) DE's, two Steve Warrens DT's up front and a lot of Big 4.4 Safety types behind them. The Big 12 is still evolving. Maybe we can recruit ahead of the curve.

Hope for 37-35 Huskers, Reality might still be 55-21.
Unless we can get the ground game going with consistency, this will get ugly fast.

TT 42
NU 21
It's so hard to say this year. Of all years to be rebuilding it just has to be when the Big 12 is the toughest in the land, and we play nearly all the top 10 teams in the nation. Well, if nothing else we will learn from it.

NU 27 TT 20

o
well I guessed 42-27 for last week and was FAR from right. I think this is going to be a sour week in texas. I do however enjoy your enthusiasm and that is exactly what the players need to hear. How many times have you been at a game and when the crowd goes absolutely wild they pull an amazing play right after. We need to be fans off the field as well.

nothing is impossible, there is always a chance with this team. Bo has an ace up his sleeve for sure.
Here's a few things for us to watch this Saturday.

Defense:
1. We have to keep the Tech QB out of the field just like we tried with Daniels. He cannot "make a sandwich" back there.
2. We have to disrupt the passing game by flushing GH to his left.
3. We need to tackle properly to stop the rushing game.
4. We need to slow down and not cause penalties.

Offense:
1. Keep the clock running by moving the ball. (4 yards a down) (3X4=first down)
2. Offense must block the right player for our RB.
3. Keep passes short (west coast style)
4. Do not underestimate Techs D-back speed when throwing the long ball.

If some of the tips continue: Huskers 28, Tech 24

Go Huskers!!
It's the same mantra each week, when is this vaunted running game going to come out and play? If the O can move the ball on the ground, shorten the game, and minimize penalties, there is a chance at victoyr.

NU 42
TTech 38

Chris
I hope you are right, NeFan4Life. Last week was sad and it was the first one I actually got to see this year. I don't know if it will be on out here in Virginia. LIkely not. Go Huskers. Get better!
How about 'Put Helu In and Let Helu Run!'...he clearly deserves more playing time out there! Die-hard Huskerfan here who supports them through good times and bad....GO BIG RED!!! :-)

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service