Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I found this on another blog site that I frequent. Thought everyone would be interested.

Husker Nation,

As a member of the Hokie Nation, I would like to let ya'll know how much fun our group had this past weekend in the land of Big Red. I don't just mean the "W". From the time we arrived on Thursday, everyone we met was helpful and just looking to have a good time. We enjoyed Sidetracks Friday night and a full afternoon of tailgating on Saturday with some very gracious Cornhuskers. They supplied us with food and beverage and could not have been more hospitable. I had heard that UN was a very visiting fan friendly place and it turned out to be all I had hoped. I won't even go into the actual game here, this blog is simply to let you know that your hospitality was greatly appreciated and I invite as many of you as can make it to venture to Blacksburg next year. We try to have the same mentality of "let's all have some fun and enjoy a good ball game". Man that really sounds corny, but you know what I mean. Once again, thanks, it was a blast, from what I can remember.

Posted by Hokie Haven

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the note, I for one am glad to hear your experience was a good one. Too often we hear on the news the bad experiences. I haven't been to too many games, but have heard of some fans giving the opposing fans a bad time (not at U.N., just in general). Its great to know I am a fan of a team that the other fans are hospitable. God bless all true fans of their teams and may we all give each other respect and also the players, no matter how good the team is they give dedication and hard work to entertain us each week, its not an easy game. God bless.
Hello Husker fans,

I was hoping some of you guys could help out. My brother and I live in New York, NY and we are flying out for the game this weekend. He has always been a big time Husker fan and I'm coming along for the ride. We're very excited.

Since this is our first experience in NE, any advice for good spots to hang out at Friday night or good tailgating spots Saturday afternoon?? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Just hit O Street Friday night near the stadium and I am sure that you will find a good time there. I am also sure that the entire Husker Nation will welcome you to any one of the tailgating experiences surrounding the stadium. As being first timers to "The House" I must tell you that you are in for the time of your life I personally guarantee it. When my brother and I went for the first time we left The House not believe the great feeling of unity among us and the other 85,000 fans in the stadium it truly is the experience of a life time I believe all should parttake in at least once....but once is highly improbable. I don't have to tell ya.... Have a good time, becuz I already know you will. But I will say have a safe travel.

"There's No Place Like Nebraska"

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service