Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Nebraska vs. Missouri 2008 - Predictions and Keys to Winning

Well, we lost a close one to VA Tech yesterday, but that is in the past. The Huskers are going to have to bring their "A" game if they expect to pull off an upset against the ranked Missouri Tigers.

If we can keep this game close, cut down on turnovers, and establish some sort of running game - we might have a shot. We are going to have to stop Chase Daniel from destroying us, too. For my score prediction (I'm being realistic here), I think:

Nebraska: 21
Missouri: 35

What are everybody else's score predictions? What do we have to do to keep this close, and possibly pull off an upset??

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keys of the game
1. The D has to make big stops before Mizzou gets in the red zone and would somebody please cause a turnover.
2. Minimize mental erros, and that includes Coach Pelini. Gotta keep the emotions in check. Bad call, fine holler at the refs but don't get a penalty. Baseball managers get ejected for less these days.
3. Offensively mix it up, don't be too conservative, but if its 3rd and 1 or 2, you have to trust the line to get those 2 yards.
4. Speaking of the line, can't be leaking like that and allowing 4 man rushes get to Ganz.
5. Finally, play hard and play smart.

NU 31
Mizzou 28.

Go Big Red.

Chris
Im a little worried. Our defense and special teams need to show up. I can see Missouri making some big plays on special teams. The last few games we have been beaten underneath and the other teams followed suit. Our running game has to be there. If we can establish that, we could possibly get some big plays with play action pass. Im all for the Big Red but im also a realist.

NU: 24
Missouri: 37
Missouri might win, but it won't be a blowout. The Huskers are sooooo inconsistent that predictions are useless. IF they play hard, don't make any "bonehead mistakes", NU can pull off a major upset. But I don't think anyone's banking on a perfect game, not out of this group. The Defense is vastly improved, but Pelini is correct when he says they are a "work in progress". Going from 116th to 40th is great; but NU needs to be in the top 10 defensively in order to win in the Big XII. Our pass defense has improved little, if at all. Our secondary is burned more often than the toast at Denny's, and looser than Britany Spears on a Naval Base. If Chase Daniel doesn't get knocked on his butt after every down, he's going to pick our guys apart like an overcooked chicken. The Defensive front four or five have proven to be a pleasant surprise; we found something that resembles an average pass rush. I'm going to stick with the prediction of the Huskers pulling the upset, because a Mizzou win in Lincoln is just too awful to contemplate, akin to a Muslim invasion of the Vatican. This game could require significant quantities of ethanol and a large number of family and friends around...in case some sort of intervention is needed.
ok jeff ya got me rollin over here with the analgies....especially the one about brittney, i find that funny since im a retired sailor, working on a naval base

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service