Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

What happened to our Rushing Attack? Thoughts on the VA Tech game...

Well, we didn't tackle that well. We couldn't run the ball to save our lives. Helu was the leading rusher with 21 yards. What!??? We also had some stupid penalties and costly turnovers.

On the flip side, we played with heart and never gave up. But - how much can we ask of a first year head coach? He's motivating these kids and they are leaving it all on the field. He's lighting a fire under our kids' butts - which is a heck of a lot more than it seemed than Callahan ever did.

I know everyone wanted a win against Virginia Tech, but I think this was about the best way this game could've turned out except for winning.

Any other comments or reactions to the Virginia Tech game? Let your voice be heard!

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was disappointed that we lost this game. But i feel like loosing early in the season could help us and maybe the team will pull it together next saturday to upset missouri. But one thing i noticed is that we cant have penalties in crucial situations like we did and that really hurt us.
We had several mental breakdowns in the game, untimely penalties, turnovers, missed assignments. Having said all that, I really am impressed with the heart and character that was on display. The players are starting to believe that they are HUSKERS again. I think we took great strides towards becoming a team we can be proud of again...long way to go...but going the right way.
Yes I was definitely disappointed that we didn't win, but I was impressed when compared to last year. Like you said above there were mistakes to be corrected, but there was heart and fire - we held them to a field goal three times, last year they would have been touch downs. That team would have rolled us if they met us last year, but this year we were one fumble away from getting that needed score. I saw what I wanted to see as the change in the players so now we just need to expand upon that and I think we are headed down the right path.
I watched the game on t.v. did anyone who was at the game notice how well VT covered our recievers. I had thought in my head that VT defense would play the rush hard and stuff as main defenders in the box that they could. I was hoping that Nebraska could have mixed up the offense plays to make them play a base defense.

My guess is that they had good cover corners and the recievers were not open to throw to. Ganz found the tightends a few times, but I think VT adjusted to start putting the safety on them. We need a more balanced sytem of offense to challenge and confuse the defense.

Our defense had the bend don't break, but points are points we can't keep letting them make long drives. Field goals hurt when are offense is stalling.

On a positive they didn't give up they hung in there and played and adjustments were made. Suh's first personal foul was not a foul poor officiating on that one. The coaching staff & team will go foward...and I know the fans will continue showing great support. It's a process ...time will tell!
well it was a disappointing loss, but i think they showed some heart and got back into the game and stayed in it to the end.....the penalties were dumb and pinned us back deep and we couldnt get good field position....but overall im pleased with the way they played and they know what they need to work on for next week......GO BIG RED!!!!!
First I've seen the Huskers play this year. I was kinda wondering where the defense was most of the time? VT just seemed to move the ball at random. I will say though, I was impressed that they came from 18 points down. A year ago, they wouldnt have been able to do that. I guess I was right on my prediction, it was close, and it came down to the wire. I just wish the score had been the other way around. If anything, the boys can be proud of the way they hung in there and fought back. Hopefully it's enough to carry over when the Tigers come a calling on Saturday. Any predictions on that game anyone?
they played crapy!
Does anyone think that the Bye week hurt us? Maybe we lost any rythem that we had? It was an ugly game for both teams. Hindsight is 20/20....we go forward and hope that Mizzou gets some of that bad-bye week luck!
Dude, have you not seen the great improvement from last year already. Are you blind? As far as the game goes, it was great to see Nebraska keeping up with VT this year. Most fans thought it was going to be close- and it was. Unfortunately, it favored VT. Bo is going to regroup and make the adjustments. If USC can lose ot Oregon State...If East Carolina can beat VT...if Georgia can get stopped...if Michigan can lose to Notre Dame....anything can happen. Some of the best teams took years to get good so don't sit there and say "where's the improvements?" The improvements are in the details, which many fans cannot see.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service