Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Do you think that Ganz is ready for Virginia Tech's defense? It will be the toughest defense Joe has faced this year. You can read Steve Sipple's take on how Ganz's nervousness at Tuesday's press conference could be a good thing here.

Other things Sipple says are (parphrasing here) -Virginia Tech's defense is fast and athletic, but their offense has room for improvement. They only beat North Carolina by three points last Saturday.

I think Joe is ready.
He has a great attitude and is a fierce competitor.Anybody else??

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the better question is....Do you think VT Defense is ready for Gantz?...I see this as a potential breakout game for Gantz, as long as he protects the ball, and follows the game plan. At the end of last yr, he came in and was a throwing machine 1400 yrd 16 td and 7 int's, now most of those int's were in severe pressure situations to win games and score fast. If the spread offense is working well and the running game can keep VT guessing, they are in trouble. I get to see most of the VT games (since i have to live in this state), and Taylor who isnt the best at throwing can make you miss on the run. Husker D need to make sure they practice what they preach as far as tackling goes. Contain Taylor and the game is ours.GO BIG RED!!!!!!
I sure hope so....VT didnt look that good last weekend. I think our biggest worry is our running game. We finally had some last weekend but this is our biggest test this year. I sure hope lucky ate is wheaties this week.
Great article. Thanks for the link. I sure hope the Huskers are ready for prime time again. This dry spell has been very frustrating for us fans who had been spoiled for 40 years. Thank God for Bo! I expect the defense to be geared up big-time for this game. Can't wait to see it on TV. I actually get to see a Husker game out here in Virginia. Woo-hoo!!
I think the question should be is the Offensive line ready? If Gantz gets the time he should have no problems seeing the defense. Sounds like VT will let their safties move up more to challenge the run and roam around to coverage. If the line can hold back the rush, the passing game will open up the defense for the run.

I know Memorial Stadium will also be a force in the game, which will make an impression on Virginia Tech's team.
I think Joe Ganz will be more prepared and ready for this game than any other game he has played in his career. The entire NU team knows this is their chance, their moment, their opportunity to show America that what Coach Pelini, Coach Watson, Coah C. Pelini, and the rest of the staff have going on in Lincoln is the real deal. This game can be springboard and be the "Big Win" everyone has been waiting for for a a very long time.

Chris

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service