Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Darth Husker, the idiot who works for the University of Texas - and wrote the fake internet news story about Oklahoma quarterbacks involved with cocaine, has been ordered the pay the Oklahoma newspaper an undisclosed sum of money.

You can read more about it at the here.

I actually am kind of surprised that he is paying a fine for this. I thought he might get off with a wrist slap and a "don't write fake stories" any more lecture. Does this mean that every person who writes a fake story on the internet is liable for fines? I'm not saying that Darth Husker was in the "right" by doing this (it was pretty stupid), but can the "internet police" hold up this standard - or is Darth Husker just an example to try to scare off any other idiots who get some crazy idea of writing fake stories about quarterbacks and cocaine.

Anybody's elses thoughts??

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, Yeah not a very bright move, not only did he lose some respect but money....and his site is closed down.
.I am surprised that he is getting fined for his story but on the other side it is a little ridiculous to be writing a fake story anyway. Also do you know that darthHusker is member #111 on this site? It doesn't look like he has had much interaction with us though
I am no attorney....I think the issue was he used logos from Oklahoman Publishing Co. and that's were the line was crossed. Darth Husker may still have more trouble if the OU players want to pursue personal lawsuits, since he has admitted to being stupid.
Not the brightest of the bunch.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service