Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

If you were on the coaching staff and asked the players.......

What 6 games do you really really want to win ? What do you think the players would say to that question?

My quess would be .....W. Mich,Virginia tech, Mizzou (streak), Texas Tech, Kansas(streak), Colorado.

2 0 0 8 S C H E D U L E

08/30 Western Mich. FSN PPV
09/06 San Jose St. FSN PPV
09/13 New Mexico St. FSN PPV
09/27 Virginia Tech ABC, ESPN or FSN
10/04 Missouri
10/11 @ Texas Tech
10/18 @ Iowa State
10/25 Baylor
11/01 @ Oklahoma
11/08 Kansas
11/15 @ Kansas St.
11/28 Colorado ABC national

If I remember correctly in 2003 Pelini and Sanders were asking players before games how many takeaways they would get that day.

I see good things this season.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They would probably say...VT, Mizzou, TT, OU, KS, and CU. That's my guess!
VT, MU, OK, KU, CU, W. MI.

Start out with a win with Western Michigan. Have the momentum against VT and pray it carries over to MU. TT will be a high scoring affair, so we'll have to show that we can put points on the board. KU, just to take out someone who aspires for the North. OU, because they suck! CU to make up for last year.
Other than those that they should be favored to win, I would say the obvious would be VT, Mizzou, TT, OU, Kansas, Kansas St. and Colo. Of course, that is seven, but it is really hard to pick just 6. If I had to leave one off, it would be Kansas, as I really don't have any issues with there program or their staff. The rest of the teams are vendetta games that I would love to have them shut up and brought down a notch. Most have had such weak programs over the years and once they won a couple of years, they are really just jerks about it. They just don't know how to handle success.

Realistically, I would settle for an 8-4 season, but would love to see a 10-2 or 9-3 season.

GBR
Whatever the next team on the schedule is.....one game at a time.
If I were a coach and I asked a player what six games do you want to win and he didn't say all twelve, he'd be gone.
I don't see how anyone could answer that question with just six teams. My answer would be,
08/30 Western Mich.
09/06 San Jose St.
09/13 New Mexico St.
09/27 Virginia Tech
10/04 Missouri
10/11 @ Texas Tech
10/18 @ Iowa State
10/25 Baylor
11/01 @ Oklahoma
11/08 Kansas
11/15 @ Kansas St.
11/28 Colorado
Big 12 Championship Game
Bowl Game

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service