Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

To nobody's suprise, Nebraska isn't ranked in USA Todays preseason poll. However, we did receive some votes. On the flip side, a lot of our opponents are, though!

Georgia was picked as #1 in this poll. Check out the poll here.

Anybody disagree with these rankings? Should Nebraska at least been ranked in the top 25, possibly somewhere in the 20-25 positions? I think they possibly could've deserved a #24 or #25 spot. What do you think?

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are just fine where they are ranked right now. others will lose in the first four weeks and if NU destroys WM SJST and NMST and gets a win over VT or MIZZOU NU will be sitting in the top 15 or even top 10 The defense must show huge improvements over last year for this to happen.

And it will Happen.

GO BIG RED
I don't think we deserve to be ranked at this point because while I believe we will be a far better team in 2008, we still have to prove it between the lines. Personally, I hope we go 3-0 and are still unranked heading into the VaTech game!
I am happy receiving votes right now. Let America sit and wonder what is up in lincoln. We all know what is happening and have good vibes for the upcoming year. Come the V-tech game, don;t be surprised if we are a top 20 maybe even top 15 team.

Chris
it could have been i was not expecting to get any votes
I completely agree with Georgia being #1. I think that they can run the table this year and will be watching closely.

I really feel that last weeks ranking putting us in the mid 30's is pretty close. This puts us in great position to be VAULTED into the top 25 following the VT game.
I've seen alot of the pre season polls and the only one I put any kind of stock in is the Coach's poll, most of the others are a joke. For example FoxSports top 119 has us at 60 just in front of Troy(61) and K State(62), and behind the likes of Tulsa, New Mexico and TCU (59-57 respectively) so I kinda take it all with a grain of salt. We just have to get the job done between the lines and the polls will take care of themselves. Look at Kansas and Missouri; neither were ranked in the top 25 of the USA Today's coaches poll preseason 2007, yet wound up 5 and 7.
I am still in the mind-set that there should not be ANY rankings released until the 3rd week of the season - more often than not Pre-Season rankings are not accurate and they can actually hurt a team if they are ranked too low at the start of the season . . .
I would love to say that we deserve to be in there but, the only reason that we would be in there is because of Pelini coming here from LSU.
I am not sure where the team should be ranked, but I do feel they are not a Top 25 team until they prove it on the field. I do feel they are better than #60 and could be considered in the Top 30-35 before they play. By game #6-7 we should have a very good idea what they should be.

This not a cop-out, just saying no one knows what BO & Co. will be able to accomplish in less than a year with the team. We all hope for an undefeated team, and a MNC, but more realistically a 8-4 season with a possibility of 10-2 or 9-3 is the probability.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service