vs. San Jose State
vs. New Mexico State
vs. Baylor
***PREDICTION: We win all four

LIKELY WINS (80-90 percent chance we win):
at ISU
at K-State
vs. Colorado
GRAY AREAS: We still need to prove we are going to be a better team, where we failed miserably under BC and to a much lesser extent Frank Solich. The "rivalry" issue with Colorado is more with them than us but it's enough of a rivalry to where there's a shade of unknown. In the 1990s, they were mostly close games even though we won most of them. I don't think anyone saw CU blowing us out in 2001 and I don't think anyone saw us blowing them out in 2005.
WHERE I ELIMINATE THE GRAY AREAS: The 2007 Nebraska team (the worst in the post Devaney era) was a down and out team but was leading Colorado 35-24 at halftime on their homefield and blasted K-State 73-31. We weren't down and out when Iowa State came to town but a lot of our problems were already exposed. Mark my word, Colorado won't score 65 on us for the next three years combined.
****PREDICTION: We win at least 2 out of 3 but I'll say most likely all three.

BUBBLE GAMES (Could go either way):
vs. VaTech
vs. Mizzu
at TexTech
vs. KU
KEEP IN MIND: Three of the four are at home. VaTech is the first true test but we have a bye the week befire. The Hokies are good but they're no USC. Credit Mizzu and KU for what they did last year but think one of them (if not both) will falter this year. How will they do as the "hunted" as opposed to the "hunter?" As for T-Tech, most people still have 70-10 fresh in their mind which might explain why some message boarders predict a loss. The Red Raiders are a good team. They have an unorthodox system that forces you practice differently but they very schizophrentic. They are capable of beating Texas but also capable of losing to Iowa State. They are like a fastbreak basketball team that you have to force into a halfcourt game.
******PREDICTION: We'll win at least one of these games, possobly as many as three.

LIKELY LOSS (if I were a betting man):
at Oklahoma
LET'S FACE IT: I'm not saying we can't win because OU seems to have one unexplained loss per season. However, they are the superior program to us this year.

SEASON PREDICTION: 8-4 low end, 10-2 high end.
We can't just snap our fingers and expect 10-2. It won't quite be that simple. With this staff, we will definitely play harder and be coached up. Those two intangibles alone will be worth three more wins over last year. We won't lose to teams we should beat. We'll win out share of bubble games and once in a while we'll beat a team most people don't think we'll beat.
IN A NUTSHELL: Going from 5-7 last to year 8-4 should happen pretty easily. The hard part will be getting to 10-2 or better, where the margin of error gets smaller.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if we can start off with victories over WMU, SJSU, and NMSU, which I think we will, I have a good feeling that we can get a victory over VT at home. once that happens, our schedule will get tougher but we will have alot of momentum going into conference play. In my opinion, the first 4 games this season are crucial, and will decide our fate this year. If we can win those first 4, I believe we could potentially crank out victories against MIZZOU, TEXAS TECH, or even both. Momentum can play a deciding factor in college football, which was proved last year by teams like MIZZOU, KU, and Georgia.
my predictions:
WMU: win - blowout
SJSU: win - blowout
NMSU: win - closer because of their good QB, but still a dominant win.
VT: win - 4th quarter nailbiter win
MIZZOU: win! - this would be a miracle, but ive got faith
TTU: win! - Pelini's defense shuts down harrell and the explosive red raiders offense
ISU: win - domination
BU: win - kick- ass-ness
OU: loss... - yeah... this one wont be pretty
KU: loss... - close loss
KSU: win - we put up 80 on them this year
CU: win - close victory
Watching Va Tech this morning with East Carolina - I see the flaws that definitely make them beatable. You never know sometimes, but they are a rebuilding team and it is seeming to make them very vulnerable.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service