Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Maurice Purify is set to appear in court on June 23 for violating his probation and living in a disorderly house. Read more about it here.

Should college football players have five years of elibibility and no red-shirt season?? The Big 12 commissioner is proposing this - read more here.

Thoughts anyone??

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say no because unless a freshman is just drop dead awesome, he should redshirt anyhow. My point is that if a young man will not get enough playing time that's in their best interest, they should redshirt. Keep in mind, the jump from high school to college is significant and we're not talking just on the field. These 18 year old kids are undergoing a life change. Heck, adjusting to the fact that they have to do their own laudry is significant. Let alone playing a sport.
I'm with Vince on this one.
As a True Freshman, most kids coming out of High School are not Physically prepared, let alone mentally. Their first trip to the training table and the following workout routine will put the whole thing in perspective for them. 80%+ of the kids coming out of High school have no chance of playing their first season in college, so I think that the rule should stay the way it is. If the kid has the talent and the team has injury issues, they can always burn the Redshirt and play him, but by that time he is more familiar with what is going on and probably won't get hurt right away.
The only time I can think of in recent history that we had a freshman that warranted not redshirting. Maybe there's others and if there is please say so. I have a 14 month old daughter and soon to be twins so I'm losing my mind. LOL

Anyhow, I remember Grant Wistrom not starting as a freshmen but he got significant playing time on the D-Line. I remember Ahman Green stepping as a true freshman amid injuries and suspensions at I-Back. I need not and will not mention names as the prick disgraced our program but I digress. Ralph Brown was a four-year starter at CB.

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see who's on line talking about the Cornhuskers
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
247 Podcasts click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service