Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I am really glad to see that Pelini is taking the walk on program seriously. Actually it is being taken more seriously now than I had hoped it would. Hopefully there will be an new energy in the football program, with having people that have dreamed of being a Husker, no matter what it took to be one, even if it meant that they had to actually pay for their own education.

I applaud all the walk ons that have committed to Nebraska, and firmly believe that you will be given as good a shot to make the starting line up as the scholarship players. Good luck, I personally will be cheering on the underdogs of this year, hoping to see the intensity brought back to Nebraska football, and if it is, it will be because of the desire and the passion of people like those that walk on.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. The walk ons are a huge piece of the team that leads to SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL. They play with such heart and drive that it lifts the entire team up. I also agree that all the hype from rivals.com and all the other recruiting sites is completely over rated. Bill came in and had one of the best recruiting rankings his first year. Any where from 5th to 1st depending on the reviewer. Look at how well that worked out for him. By the time his highly rated class was starting several had quit the team and moved back home to mom, several didn't pan out, and the blackshirts... well you get the point. I can't tell you how excited I am for the future of Nebraska "smash mouth" football!
Growing up as a boy in Nebraska has always meant that you aspire to be a Cornhusker someday. The walk on program is the heartbeat of our team. When you've got young men that know exactly what the people of this state expect out of their team , they will bring everyone up to a higher level of play.
The walk ons at Nebraska have always played a big part in Husker football until the last few years. I applaud Coach Pelini for recognizing and supporting this. Way to go BO!

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service